New York, NY
Launched as Bloomberg Sports in 2010, BSports takes the technology developed by Bloomberg, the leading global provider in data and analytics, and applies it to the vast data analysis opportunities in sports. We believe sports analytics plays an integral role in the future of sport, both at a fan engagement and elite sport performance level.
Our professional products and services span across the sporting industry, combining our market leading predictive analytics with innovation in performance analysis. We aggregate massive data and return value in unprecedented ways to both consumers and professionals in sport, leveraging technology built on the financial platform that leads global markets.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and bright candidates to work with Bloomberg Sports’ proprietary baseball system. You must be willing and flexible to work unconventional hours when needed to meet the demands of our clients. You should be excited about working in a team environment and pushing the system forward.
– Testing all aspects of the product, including new features, bug fixes, and general stability.
– Help desk support of product via e-mail and phone
– Regular communication with clients regarding their use of the product
– Efficient and constant communication between analyst group, R&D, and other departments
– Maintain privacy and confidentiality of client information and data
– Commitment to constantly improving and further developing the product
– In-depth knowledge of baseball, both on and off the field
– Strong and demonstrated ability working in relational databases using SQL and experience with XML and
JSON data structures.
– Passion for working at the cross section of technology and baseball and working with a system that bridges this gap.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Ability to maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
– Organized and ability to prioritize work with minimal oversight are crucial
– Knowledge of how baseball front offices are structured
– Previous baseball front office experience is a plus
– Proficiency in Japanese or Spanish is a plus
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now