All open positions you see posted at BP are paid positions (unless noted)
Title: Full-Time Web Applications Engineer
Term: End of 2020; possibly extended
Reports to: Director R&D
Baseball Prospectus, an industry leader in baseball analytics and writing since 1996, is seeking a remote, full-time (40 hours/week) contractor to contribute to a re-platforming project. This is a remote role. Build cool things and work with some of the best baseball researchers around.
Short on the skills? That’s okay, please apply anyway. We’re a community-driven organization with a passion for working with people who love to learn. You don’t need to check every box, even the so-called “Must haves”.
- Lead development of web applications targeted to baseball information consumers:
- Fantasy baseball tools
- Team- and player-centric pages
- Sortable and advanced filterable statistics summary pages
- Work closely with product owners to establish implementation plans and priorities
- Communicate project status and roadblocks clearly and regularly to stakeholders
- Must have:
- Test driven development
- Should have:
- Graphic production/design
- API development
- Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS services and management
- security/role management
- Sports data modeling experience
- Scraping experience
If you are interested, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseball Prospectus does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.