In Episode 253, Jeffrey and Craig chat about various sports free agencies and then discuss five mostly baseball topics.
1. Houston, we now have a problem: James Click is out in Houston…and uh…Jeff Bagwell is in?
2. 19.65 Million Reasons to Stay: Qualifying Offers are in and we make some predictions about them that were wrong within hours of recording. Same as it ever was.
3. Rumor Has It: Not much has actually happened, but there are free agency and trade rumors floating around the game.
4. Around the Horn: Some relievers re-sign and some hardware is given out
5. Thanks I Hate It: We hate the FTX story, but we love the Money Stuff about it.
Five and Dive is listener-supported, you can join our Patreon at patreon.com/fiveanddive. If you want to get in contact with the show, the e-mail address is email@example.com.
Our theme tune is by Jawn Stockton. You can listen to him on Spotify and Apple Music
Apple Music: http://bit.ly/JawnStockton_AM
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now