The Caribbean leagues are usually off on Mondays, but the Dominican League played a couple of make-up games:
- David Adams, 3B, Yankees (25) (Scottsdale-AFL): 2-for-3, 2 2B (6), R, 3 RBI, BB. Three hits, all doubles, in two days; .250/.365/.386 overall.
- Seth Blair, RHP, Cardinals (23) (Surprise-AFL): 4.0 IP, 5 H, R, 2 BB, 3 K. Results have been great in the AFL – 2-0, 0.68 ERA – but control is still a major issue (18-8 K-BB in 13.1 IP).
- Gary Brown, OF, Giants (24) (Scottsdale-AFL): 3-for-4, R, K. Only two extra-base hits in 11 games, and both came in the same game on October 19; hitting .308/.378/.385 overall.
- Nick Castellanos, OF/3B, Tigers (20) (Mesa-AFL): 2-for-5, K. Snaps a 1-for-25 cold stretch; batting .236/.300/.364 overall.
- Brian Flynn, LHP, Marlins (22) (Phoenix-AFL): 3.0 IP, 2 H, R, 4 K, HR. His best start in the AFL; big lefty regained some of his lost velocity toward the end of the year, but his secondary pitches still need work.
- Kyle Gibson, RHP, Twins (24) (Peoria-AFL): 2.0 IP, 8 H, 6 R, BB, K. Entered this game with an 0.69 ERA, left it with a 4.20 ERA; 3-1, 4.20 ERA, 20-3 K-BB in 15.0 IP.
- Kyle Kaminska, RHP, Pirates (24) (Scottsdale-AFL): 5.0 IP, H, 0 R, 6 K. Throwing better since he joined the Pirates in a mid-season deal; modest stuff, but he throws strikes; 2-1, 2.00 ERA, 16-1 K-BB in 18.0 IP.
- Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Rays (21) (Phoenix-AFL): 2-for-4, R. Has bumped his slash line up to .306/.393/.347 with a 7-for-14 stretch. Still only has one extra-base hit in Arizona, but at least he’s getting on base (11-7 K-BB).
- Jake Marisnick, OF, Blue Jays (21) (Salt River-AFL): 2-for-4, RBI. Back-to-back two-hit games; like Lee, Marisnick is struggling to hit for authority, with just three extra-base hits (all doubles) in 11 games; batting .250/.311/.325 overall.
- Marcell Ozuna, OF, Marlins (21) (Cibao-DWL): 1-for-3, HR (5), 2 RBI, BB, K. Five home runs in nine games.
- Kevin Pillar, OF, Blue Jays (23) (Salt River-AFL): 3-for-4, R, BB. 11-for-21 over his last five games; batting .448/.500/.586 in seven games.
- Anthony Rendon, 3B, Nationals (22) (Salt River-AFL): 2-for-5, 2B (5), RBI, K. Has picked up his production a bit recently: 4-for-11 with three doubles over his last four games; hitting .250/.348/.364 overall.
- Oscar Taveras, OF, Cardinals (20) (Cibaenas-DWL): 2-for-4, R. Seven-game hit streak for the best hitting prospect in baseball.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now