- Chris Bostick, 2B, Athletics (Short-season Vermont): 2-for-5, HR (1), R, RBI. Great sleeper with athleticism and upside.
- Gary Brown, OF, Giants (Double-A Richmond): 3-for-6, 2B, R, 2 RBI, SB. Needs a big second half to retain his prospect status; .247/.320/.314 in 71 games.
- Jeimer Candelario, 3B, Cubs (Short-season Boise): 3-for-4, HR (2), R, 2 RBI, BB. Home runs in back-to-back games and 17 total bases in seven games as a 18-year-old in college-heavy league.
- Wilmer Font, RHP, Rangers (High-A Myrtle Beach): 6 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K. 22-year-old Venezuelan has power arm and getting on a roll; 16 IP, 6 H, 4 BB, 17 K in last three starts.
- Anthony Gose, OF, Blue Jays (Triple-A Las Vegas): 3-for-4, 2B, R, RBI, BB, K, 2 SB. Hit .216 in May but .333/.410/.502 in 48 games since.
- Billy Hamilton, SS, Reds (High-A Bakersfield): 4-for-5, 2 R, 3 RBI, BB. 2 SB (82). Hitting .369 with 25 stolen bases in 17 June games; .331/.416/.447 overall and it would be interesting to see what he could do at Double-A in the second half.
- Luis Heredia, LHP, Pirates (Short-season State College): 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K. 17-year-old is well ahead of schedule; huge upside remains.
- Junior Lake, SS/3B, Cubs (Double-A Tennessee): 4-for-5, 2B, R, K, SB. Scouts have noted big progress offensively; 17-for-41 in last ten games and .318/.370/.480 overall.
- Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Rays (Double-A Montgomery): 3-for-5, 2B, R, K, SB. Hitting .303 with 10 stolen bases in June; .249/.316/.319 overall, so need to stay hot.
- Manny Machado, SS, Orioles (Double-A Bowie): 3-for-4, HR (4), R, 4 RBI, BB. Numbers aren't eye-popping, but scouting reports remain glowing; .249/.333/.375 in 68 games.
- Mikie Mahtook, OF, Rays (High-A Charlotte): 3-for-4, 2B, 3B, R, RBI. Power just hasn't been as expected; .282/.339/.396 in 67 games.
- Rafael Ortega, OF, Rockies (High-A Modesto): 5-for-5, 2B, R, RBI, SB. Plus defender needs to develop more secondary skills; .301/.348/.419 in 53 games.
- Ariel Ovando, OF, Astros (Rookie-level Greenville): 4-for-5, 2 2B, 3B, 3 R, 3 RBI, K. 18-year-old Dominican has ugly approach but big offensive upside; 7-for-13 in first three games.
- Joe Panik, SS, Giants (High-A San Jose): 3-for-5, HR (3), 2 R, 3 RBI, K. 17-for-42 (.405) during ten-game hitting streak that has lifted averages to .264/.341/.381.
- Martin Perez, LHP, Rangers (Triple-A Round Rock): 9 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 K. Needs just 90 pitches for complete game in second straight outstanding start.
- Travis Snider, OF, Blue Jays (Triple-A Las Vegas): 2-for-5, HR (8), R, 2 RBI, K, CS. Might be bashing his way back to Toronto with home runs in three straight games; .345/.431/.647 overall in 31 contests.
- Dan Straily, RHP, Athletics (Triple-A Sacramento): 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 8 K. One of this year's biggest breakout pitchers shows no signs of slowing down in Triple-A debut.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now