1. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?! I just hope we can win a game: The AL West is still messy, perhaos even messier. The NL Wild Card race is just very mid, as the kids say.
2. When you sleep, where do your fingers go?: Yusei Kikuchi is well-rested. Perhaps not as productive as this guy though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoH9_wQnQ_A
3. Around the Horn: A 200th win, some sort of elbow surgery, and owners in the news…again
4. What to Watch: The AL West gets messier while Jeffrey finally gets his wrestling chat in the form of a convoluted metaphor.
5. We still don’t know how Silver Sluggers work, even less so now. Plus, a deep dive into 1984 shortstops.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now