Integrative Sports Performance: Intern
The Milwaukee Brewers Integrative Sports Performance department is looking to fill one (1) intern position based in Phoenix AZ for the 2022 Major League baseball season. The Integrative Sports Performance department is part of the larger Brewers Player Personnel Operations and work in conjunction with Strength & Conditioning, Player Development, Research & Development, and Medical to better serve our athletes. We desire candidates who exhibit a passion for player development through strong interpersonal skills and effective application of knowledge.
Intern – ISP:
- Part-time, Applied Sports Science Intern position that will work with the Integrative Sports Performance team to implement innovative baseball programs.
- Position is open until filled, but to ensure consideration, apply by 12/29/21.
- For more Details and to Apply, visit here.
Analyst – International Scouting
Summary: The Analyst – International Scouting will play a key role in player acquisition for the Milwaukee Brewers in the foreign amateur and professional spaces by leading analytical efforts and designing decision-making processes. Positon is located in the Milwaukee area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of decision-making processes of the International Scouting department
- Design applications for use in International Scouting decision-making, in partnership with the Baseball Systems department
- Evaluate and provide acquisition recommendations for professional (e.g. NPB, KBO) and amateur international prospects through the analysis of various available data sources, in partnership with the Baseball Research & Development department.
- Implement department-wide strategies to ensure highly efficient workflow and comprehensive data capture
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficiency with R or Python
- Proficiency with SQL and SQL databases
- Excellent understanding of baseball evaluative concepts
For more Details and to Apply, visit here.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now