Intern – International Scouting
Summary: The Intern – International Scouting will assist the Milwaukee Brewers player acquisition in the foreign amateur and professional spaces in an office-based role. This position will include both talent evaluation of players and support of the day-to-day functions of the International Scouting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn about and support evaluative methods and efforts within the International Scouting department
- Assist decision-making systems and processes
- Support operational, compliance, and administrative tasks to ensure high-functioning departmental workflow
- Manage video library as compiled by the International Scouting staff
- Fulfill any additional needs of Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Operations as requested
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of baseball evaluative methods and terminology
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to parallel process tasks on deadline.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors, front office staff, players, and coaches.
- Processed-focused with the ability to problem-solve across tasks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
While not requirements, the following are preferred skills that would help to distinguish a candidate for the position:
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with an analytical programming language, R or Python preferred
- Experience with Sydex BATS video editing software
Other Skills and Abilities:
The individual must be capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, and weekends, when necessary. Travel to select scouting events may be possible.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now