Position: Seattle Mariners R&D Analytics Positions
Location: T-Mobile Park, Seattle WA
We are seeking individuals with a background in statistical analysis and a passion for baseball for both full-time and internship roles. The positions will work directly alongside the analytics team on a wide range of projects and provide ample opportunity to directly impact front office decision-making. Start and end dates are flexible; applicants only available for summer 2020 will be considered, but our preference is for candidates that can start by Feb 1, 2020.
- Statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research
- Various game-day duties and support for all departments within Baseball Operations
- A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, and/or related technical field.
- Proficiency with either R or Python
- Familiarity with public baseball research
- Familiarity with any of pitch level data, hit vector data, biomechanical data
- Experience with predictive modeling
Applicants who have a demonstrated track record in the above qualifications may be considered for a full-time role.
While many candidates are undoubtedly capable, we desire a skillset that can impact, innovate and add value immediately.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please follow this link.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now