Job Title: Baseball Operations Intern
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Director, Baseball Operations
Status: Part-time, Nonexempt
Dates: Start date is flexible. End date is end of the 2018 season. Preference will be given to candidates who can start by March 1, 2018
Primary Objective: Support the baseball operations department in day-to-day scouting operation tasks, administration, and research.
- Assist Pro Scouting Department in a variety of areas: research projects, prospect lists, and in-office administrative duties while providing support to field staff
- Provide support in all areas of advance scouting, including, preparation of the advance scouting report, game day duties, and preparation for pre-series meetings
- Support the Amateur Scouting Department leading up to and during the Amateur Draft
- Provide additional statistical analysis, economic and financial research as assigned or as time permits
Description: The Seattle Mariners are working to build a winning team with exceptionally talented people. If you are passionate about baseball and eager to make an impact using your skills, learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our Baseball Operations team. This individual will provide support to our scouting operations while working closely with various members of our Baseball Operations team.
Deadline: February 7th
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Equivalent, relevant work may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- Spanish speaking skills is a plus
- Previous evaluation or playing experience a plus; but not required
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Working knowledge of statistical baseball data and its application as it pertains to scouting information
- Working knowledge of baseball strategy and current in-game management trends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity; takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Demonstrated initiative; thinks creatively and takes actions that create a positive outcome for the team
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by February 7, 2018 through the following link:
In addition, please visit: www.mariners.com/jobs for more information.
Remember to tell them Baseball Prospectus sent you!