Thanks to Jason Martinez and Clint Chisam of MLB Depth Charts, we'll now be bringing you daily news, notes, transactions, injury updates, and notable performances from the previous day's games…throughout the entire season! And if you like what you see here, don't forget to check out MLBDC's Insider subscription, which also includes starting pitcher rankings and matchups, top 25 batter vs. pitcher stat rankings, lineup tracker (includes lineups from past seven games), rotation report, stat tracker, and more!
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
(32-24) Diamondbacks – 8 at 4 – Cubs (23-32)
- Diamondbacks SP Patrick Corbin wasn't great, but moved to 9-0 anyway, allowing four runs over six innings.
- Cubs SP Edwin Jackson fell to 1-8 Sunday, yielding seven runs — five earned — on 12 hits and three walks over 5 2/3.
- Diamondbacks 1B Paul Goldschmidt went 2-for-3 with an RBI, three runs scored and two stolen bases. Goldschmidt has taken over the NL lead in RBI's from Reds 2B Brandon Phillips with 46.
(21-34) Brewers – 5 at 7 – Phillies (27-30)
- Phillies SP Cliff Lee struck out 11 while allowing three runs over 7 2/3 innings.
- Phillies OF Domonic Brown continued his breakout season going 3-for-3 with a three-run homer and an RBI triple.
- Brewers SP Mike Fiers was torched for seven runs — five earned — in 1.2 innings.
- Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy had another solid game knocking in three runs. It was a terrific week for Lucroy as he went 12-for-26 with 3 HR and 9 RBI.
(35-22) Reds – 4 at 5 – Pirates (35-22) (11 innings)
- Reds SP Mat Latos deserved a win but got a no-decision, as he allowed two runs over six innings in a loss.
- Pirates 1B Garrett Jones had just one hit, but it was a big one, as he launched a game-tying two-run homer in the eighth inning in a comeback win.
- Pirates RP Justin Wilson picked up his 5th win of the year in relief.
- Pirates got a solo homer from 3B Pedro Alvarez, his 11th of the year.
(28-29) Nationals – 3 at 6 – Braves (34-22)
- Braves SP Paul Maholm allowed three runs — two earned — over six frames.
- Nationals SP Nate Karns lasted just 4 2/3 innings while giving up four runs — three earned.
- Braves OF B.J. Upton ripped a solo homer.
- Braves RP Craig Kimbrel picked up his 17th save of the year.
(22-32) Mets – 6 at 11 – Marlins (16-41)
- Mets SP Matt Harvey suffered through his worst start of the season, allowing four runs on 10 hits and two walks over five frames.
- Mets 1B Ike Davis had an RBI single and a long two-run homer.
- Marlins OF Marcell Ozuna went 3-for-4 with four RBI and two runs scored.
- Marlins 3B Ed Lucas went 4-for-4 with two RBI and two runs scored.
- Marlins OF Chris Coghlan went 4-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored.
- Marlins SP Kevin Slowey was ineffective allowing six runs over just 4.1 innings.
(30-27) Giants – 4 at 2 – Cardinals (37-19)
(23-32) Dodgers – 2 at 7 – Rockies (30-27)
(31-25) Rays – 11 at 3 – Indians (30-26)
(35-23) Red Sox – 3 at 0 – Yankees (31-25) (6 innings)
(30-25) Tigers – 2 at 4 – Orioles (32-25)
- Orioles SP Kevin Gausman had the best start of his young career, tossing six innings of one-run ball.
- Orioles 1B Chris Davis doubled and smacked his major league-leading 20th homer.
- Orioles RP Jim Johnson has rebounded nicely from a rough patch earlier in the month picking up his 18 save of the season.
- Tigers got a solo homer from 1B Prince Fielder, his 11th.
- Tigers SP Rick Porcello was average giving up three runs over 6 innings in the loss.
(23-31) Royals – 1 at 3 – Rangers (35-21)
- Rangers SP Yu Darvish was great shutting out the Royals over 7 innings in a tough luck no decision.
- Royals SP Ervin Santana was equally as effective shutting the Rangers out as well over 7 innings in a no decision.
- Rangers 2B Jurickson Profar continues to settle in blasting his 2nd homer of the year.
- Rangers RP Joe Nathan picked up his 17th save of the year with a perfect 9th.
(24-33) Mariners – 0 at 10 – Twins (25-29)
- Twins 2B Brian Dozier went 3-for-4 with an RBI double and solo homer.
- Twins SP Scott Diamond had one of his best starts of the season, spinning sit shutout innings.
- Mariners SP Jeremy Bonderman's first major league start since 2010 wasn't a good one, as he was lit up for seven runs on nine hits and a walk over just 4 2/3 frames.
(20-37) Astros – 5 at 4 – Angels (25-32)
(24-30) White Sox – 0 at 2 – Athletics (34-24)
- Athletics SP Jarrod Parker didn't allow any runs and had seven strikeouts over 6 1/3 innings.
- White Sox SP Chris Sale gave up one run over six innings.
(24-33) Blue Jays – 7 at 4 – Padres (26-30) (11 innings)
- Blue Jays SP Ramon Ortiz lasted just two innings after leaving with an apparent right arm injury.
- Padres SP Edinson Volquez factored in seven of the runs in this game, allowing four and knocking in three with a homer.
- Blue Jays 1B Adam Lind stayed red hot picking up 3 more hits. Lind finished the three game set vs the Padres 8-17.
- Blue Jays got homers from 1B Edwin Encarnacion and 2B Mark DeRosa.
- Marlins activated 1B Casey Kotchman from the 60-day disabled list.
- Marlins optioned 1B/OF Jordan Brown to Triple-A New Orleans.
- Dodgers released INF/OF Alfredo Amezaga.
- Rockies purchased the contract of RHP Manny Corpas from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Rockies placed RHP Rafael Betancourt on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 1, with a right groin strain.
- Dodgers placed C A.J. Ellis on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30, with a strained left oblique.
- The Braves have promoted RP Joe Beimel to Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Dodgers recalled RHP Matthew Magill from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Diamondbacks released 1B Kila Ka'aihue.
- Marlins designated LHP Wade LeBlanc for assignment.
- Pirates purchased the contract of RHP Ryan Reid from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Padres recalled RHP Brad Boxberger from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres optioned LHP Robbie Erlin to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Dodgers purchased the contract of OF Yasiel Puig from Double-A Chattanooga.
- Rays acquired RHP Erik Hamren from the Braves in exchange for future considerations.
- White Sox recalled OF Jordan Danks from Triple-A Charlotte.
- White Sox placed OF Dewayne Wise on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30, with a right hamstring strain.
- Mariners designated INF/OF Vincent Catricala for assignment.
- Mariners purchased the contract of RHP Jeremy Bonderman from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Mariners placed 1B Justin Smoak on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 30, with a strained right oblique.
- Tigers acquired OF Francisco Martinez from the Mariners in exchange for cash or a player to the named later.
- Tigers designated OF Quintin Berry for assignment.
- Twins optioned INF Chris Colabello to Triple-A Rochester.
- The Rangers have promoted 1B Mike Olt to Triple-A Round Rock.
- White Sox designated INF Tyler Greene for assignment.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez (hamstring) won't be activated from the disabled list until at least Tuesday.
- Pirates SP Jeanmar Gomez left Sunday's start against the Reds after one inning with right forearm tightness.
- Reds manager Dusty Baker anticipates 2B Brandon Phillips (forearm) being sidelined "three or four days."
- Cubs RP Shawn Camp (toe) will throw a bullpen session on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Cubs 3B Steve Clevenger (oblique) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Iowa on Monday.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) is hoping to resume baseball activities by the end of the week.
- Nationals OF Jayson Werth (hamstring) is slated to be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday.
- Cardinals SP Jake Westbrook (elbow) is expected to make two rehab starts.
- Diamondbacks RP J.J. Putz (elbow) could throw off a mound by next weekend.
- Diamondbacks SP Daniel Hudson (elbow) will be re-evaluated after his second rehab start on June 10 to determine if he's ready to be activated.
- Diamondbacks SP Brandon McCarthy will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine if he has a stress fracture in his right shoulder.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando (biceps) will rejoin the Rangers' rotation on Wednesday at Boston.
- White Sox 2B Gordon Beckham (hand) could be activated from the disabled list sooner than Thursday.
- Athletics SP Brett Anderson (foot) has been playing catch the past two days on one knee.
- Angels RP Sean Burnett (elbow) played catch on Sunday.
- Rangers manager Ron Washington expects 3B Adrian Beltre (hamstring) to be ready to play sometime during the three-game series with the Red Sox that begins Tuesday.
- Royals OF David Lough (wrist) is expected to be available on Tuesday.
- There remains no timetable for Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen's (oblique) return from the disabled list.
- Orioles RP Pedro Strop (back) will throw a simulated game on Tuesday.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that Indians OF Grady Sizemore (knee) has resumed baseball activities.
- Yankees SS Eduardo Nunez (oblique) has yet to resume workouts.
- Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks (back) will take batting practice on the field Sunday.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino (hamstring) has been scratched from his rehab assignment Monday with Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) will resume a throwing program Wednesday.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) is on track to throw a bullpen session this weekend.
- Angels RP Garrett Richards left Sunday's game with an ankle injury.
Notes and Rumors:
- Rays SP Matt Moore will start on Tuesday against the Tigers.