Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that it's time for fans to realize that Wrigley Field really is a dump.
- Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that the White Sox must find a consistent closer.
- Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that signing Paul Maholm should be a priority for the Pirates.
- Your truly writes for the Beaver County Times that baseball rat Mike McKenry gets a shot at The Show.
- Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press writes that time is running out for Magglio Ordonez to show what's left.
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that Derek Jeter's calf injury may be the result of overuse in trying to reach the 3,000-hit milestone at Yankee Stadium.
- Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times writes that Dustin Ackley is likely to be called up next week by the Mariners.