Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Can Inman of the Oakland Tribune writes that Brian Sabean went too far in his remarks about Scott Cousins.
- Paola Boivin of the Arizona Republic writes that fans are not yet on board with the Diamondbacks' resurgence.
- Jason Reid of the Washington Post writes that Mike Rizzo makes some slips on a steep learning curve.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that if Jose Reyes leaves, Ruben Tejada could be a solid Plan B for the Mets.
- Toni Ginnetti of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Ken Williams is still a believer in the White Sox.
- Jeff Gordon of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes the case for the Cardinals acquiring Jason Bartlett to play shortstop.