Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times writes that foes of interleague play are growing in numbers.
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that the Yankees are relying too heavily on the home run ball this season while the Mets are playing small ball.
- Wayne Coffey of the New York Daily News writes that Jose Reyes is playing like he wants to stay in Queens for a long time.
- Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that competition can't keep down the Rangers and Red Sox.
- Phil Wood of the Washington Examiner bats around the main issue of the Nationals.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times about a young ballhawker at PNC Park who is fanning up for a good cause.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now