Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that the small crowds at Minute Maid Park speak volumes of the Astros' decline.
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram tells Rangers' fans to be ready for honking and hate when the American League champions visit New York.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star writes that Shawn Camp is assuming a bullpen leadership role with the Blue Jays.
- Stephen Brunt of the Toronto Globe and Mail writes that Carlos Delgado will be missed.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that Phil Hughes' season is going the way of his velocity–south.
- Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News writes that in the wake of the Pedro Feliciano injury that Brian Cashman reveals he used to protect relievers from Joe Torre.
- George Willis of the New York Post writes that Citi Field is turning into the garden of glum.
- Scott Lauber of the Boston Globe writes that Red Sox pitching coach Curt Young is not restless.