Some of the top stories from newspapers around the nation:
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that win or lose, the Royals should be fun to watch.
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that many fans don’t feel secure at Dodger Stadium.
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Tim Lincecum throws a fastball by the game's conventional wisdom.
- Rick Telander of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that if you want to talk to Jose Canseco then you better prepare to pony up for "charity."
- Yours truly writes in the Beaver County Times that Paul Maholm gets his day in the sun.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now