I've volunteered to give Marc a hand with the Depth Charts. After surfing through the comments for all thirty teams, we've made the changes listed at the end of this post. But we also have an announcement:
This is a tough job for thirty people, let alone two, so we've created an email address to which anyone can send Depth Chart-related news. It should be easy enough to remember: email@example.com. Please include a link to original reporting if at all possible. Remember that the Depth Charts are an attempt to reflect playing time estimates for the entire season, and won't necessarily match each team's Opening Day lineup.
- Split the Rays' closer duties between Kyle Farnsworth, Joel Peralta, and Jake McGee. TBA
- Shared some of David Aardsma's closer duties with Brandon League. SEA
- Shared some of Koji Uehara's closer duties with Kevin Gregg and Mike Gonzalez. BAL
- Shared some of Joe Nathan's closer duties with Matt Capps. MIN
- Eased Zach Britton into ten starts. BAL
- Decreased Kila Ka'aihue's playing time a bit in favor of more at-bats for Wilson Betemit. KCA
- Moved Jonny Gomes ahead of Fred Lewis in left field. CIN
- Flipped the positions of Tsuyoshi Nishioka (now 2B) and Alexi Casilla (now SS). MIN
- Moved Samuel Demel into the bullpen instead of Esmerling Vasquez. ARI
- Lowered the playing time for the following players with over 95% of their team's utilization at their position: Erick Aybar (LAA), Dan Uggla (ATL), Alcides Escobar (KCA), Shane Victorino (PHI), Justin Smoak (SEA), Miguel Tejada (SFN), Pablo Sandoval (SFN), Aaron Hill (TOR), and Jose Bautista (TOR).
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now