Thanks to the inspiration of Harry Pavlidis and feature requests from readers, you can now see the daily Minor League Baseball game schedule at Baseball Prospectus, including information about which games are available on MiLB.tv, who the probable starters are (with up-to-the minute updates as soon as they are announced on the milb.com site), and the number of BP-ranked prospects in the game.
can't sleep? plan your minor league viewing http://t.co/ElVVHGorTK
— Harry Pavlidis (@harrypav) May 3, 2014
To make this feature easy to find, we've added a link directly from the "Prospects" tab on the top menu ("Today's Minor-league Schedule"):
Of course, a picture's worth a thousand words, so here's what you can expect when you click on the Schedule link:
There are some hidden gems in this listing:
- The Top 101 column shows the number of players on the two rosters who are on BP's most recent top 101 prospect list.
- The Top 10 column shows the number of players on the two rosters who were on their respective teams' top 10 prospect list.
- Mousing over the number in the Top 101 or Top 10 column shows the players involved (see the example above containing Byron Buxton's and Jose Berrios' names).
- The list is sorted by the number of Top 10 players involved, to make it easier for you to find prospect-rich matchups.
- Many of the columns are sortable, by clicking on the column name.
- Clicking the "Yes!" link in the TV column takes you directly to the MiLB.tv page so you can watch the game live.
- The red "101" and "10" next to various starting pitchers denote players who, respectively, made the Top 101 Prospect list or were on their respective team's Top 10 list (at the time of the rankings).
Please remember to pair this new schedule tool with the Baseball Prospectus Prospect Tracker to fulfill all of your minor league monitoring needs. Enjoy!!
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now