- Leury Garcia, 2B, White Sox (Gigantes del Cibao, DWL): 2-5, 2 R. Garcia is coming around after an uneventful Dominican regular season, hitting .388 in playoff action.
- Francisco Peguero, CF, Orioles (Gigantes del Cibao, DWL): 2-5, 2B. Peguero has hit all winter and continued that success into the Dominican post-season. He’ll have to bring that kind of consistency to spring training if he wants to make the Orioles roster this spring.
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B, Braves (Aguilas Cibaenas, DWL): 2-4, K. Terdoslavich is now hitting .390 in the DWL postseason to cap off a .782 OPS during its regular season.
- Zoilo Almonte, LF, Yankees (Aguilas Cibaenas, DWL): 1-4, R, HR, K. With the regular season and postseason combined, Almonte now has five winter home runs. He hit just seven in 2013 between the minors and majors.
- Reymond Fuentes, CF, Padres (Leones de Ponce, PRWL): 2-4, K. There’s something there with Fuentes when he makes contact because of his athleticism and speed. When puts the bat on the ball, enough good things happen to warrant playing time.
- Gregory Polanco, CF, Pirates (Leones del Escogido, DWL): 0-5, R, K. It’s been a long season for Polanco, who is at a career high in games at this point, which could explain his struggles in the postseason. There are no concerns about the future for Polanco, however, and he should be in Pittsburgh by June.
- Eddie Rosario, CF, Twins (Indios de Mayaguez, PRWL): 0-3. That’s the Rosario we knew from earlier in the winter. It’s been a real struggle for him in Puerto Rico, but he hit well at the start of the playoffs. He’s also been playing a lot of center field, a position he hasn’t played in more than 20 games since 2011, perhaps signaling an end to his days at second base. It could also just be due to need, though.
The people have a fever…
- …and the only prescription is more Bobby Abreu! The ageless DH homered yet again, giving him six in the Venezuelan playoffs alone.