- Yadiel Rivera, SS, Brewers (Criollos de Caguas, PRWL): 2-3, 2B. BB. Rivera is a glove-first shortstop who was coming off his best season in 2012 with hopes of continuing to improve his bat. Instead, he took a step backward, losing most of what little power he had after heading to the Florida State League. It looks like his glove will have to carry him.
- Anthony Garcia, RF, Cardinals (Gigantes de Carolina, PRWL): 2-3, R, 2B, BB, K. Garcia has good power for a young player, but the jump to the Florida State League proved difficult for him in 2013. He’s hit much better this winter, posting an .880 OPS in Puerto Rico.
- Eddie Rosario, CF, Twins (Indios de Mayaguez, PRWL): 0-3, BB, K. Rosario was back in the news this week when his suspension, news of which leaked back in November, was officially announced. He’s really struggled at the plate this winter, but he has been seeing some time in center field recently, a position he hasn’t played since spending 19 games there in 2012.
- Reymond Fuentes, CF, Padres (Leones de Ponce, PRWL): 0-4. We’ve talked a lot about Fuentes this winter, both good and bad. He will spend a lot of time in 2014 shuttling back and forth between San Diego and El Paso.
- Eduardo Escobar, SS, Twins (Caribes de Anzoategui, VWL): 0-2, BB, 2 K. There’s way too little contact here for a player with so little power.
Now You’re Just Trolling Us
- Bobby Abreu, RF, Free Agent (Leones del Caracas, VWL): 4-4, 2 R HR. I’ve been keeping you up to speed on Abreu’s strong winter and even stronger performance in the Venezuelan playoffs. Yesterday, it appeared there was a team interested in him, but as that interest on that front cooled, Abreu put together a perfect day at the plate and hit his fifth home run in as many games. I don’t know what to do with that any more than you or the Indians do.