Hurricane Sandy wiped out action in the Dominican Republic, but we still have notes from Arizona and Venezuela:
- Javier Baez, SS, Cubs (19) (Mesa-AFL): 1-for-3, HR (4), 2 R, BB, 2 SB (2). Has a modest four-game hit streak, during which two of his four hits have been home runs. Batting average has only risen four points during that time, from .216 to .220; batting .220/.264/.500 overall.
- Wilmer Flores, 3B, Mets (21) (Margarita-VWL): 3-for-4, 2B (3). .326/.408/.465 overall.
- Nick Franklin, SS/2B, Mariners (21) (Peoria-AFL): 2-for-5, HR (2), 2 R, K. Snaps an 0-for-9 skid, though he went 0-for-0 with four walks on October 24; .324/.395/.559 overall.
- Brian Goodwin, CF, Nationals (21) (Salt River-AFL): 3-for-4, 2 2B (4), 2 R, BB. Hitting .583 over his last three starts with a pair of doubles and a home run; .333/.409/.667 overall.
- Didi Gregorius, SS, Reds (22) (Peoria-AFL): 1-for-4, 2B (3), RBI, BB. Still has yet to strike out through 42 plate appearances; batting .333/.381/.417 overall.
- Kyle Jensen, RF, Marlins (24) (Phoenix-AFL): 3-for-4, HR (4), 2 RBI, BB, K. Home runs in back-to-back days; crushing the ball over his last six games, during which time he is hitting .552/.567/.897 with six extra-base hits.
- Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Rays (21) (Phoenix-AFL): 2-for-5, CS (5). Seven-game hit streak; has just one hit in six of those games; .250/.348/.300 overall.
- Darin Ruf, LF, Phillies (26) (La Guaira-VWL): 0-for-3, R, BB, K. Struggling since a hot weekend brought his slash line up to .276/.344/.724; he’s 0-for-9 with a 5-2 K-BB since October 22; .211/.333/.553 overall.
- Christian Vazquez, C, Red Sox (22) (Surprise-AFL): 4-for-4, 2 2B (3), HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI. Has seven hits in the Arizona Fall League, and all of them have come in two games—he’s gone hitless in the other five. Vazquez offers a well-rounded package, with strong defense and some offensive upside; batting .292/.433/.542 overall.
- Christian Yelich, CF, Marlins (20) (Phoenix-AFL): 2-for-5, R. Has multiple hits in each of his last five games and a six-game hit streak overall; .357/.428/.476 with an 8-5 K-BB in 47 PA.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now