- Barrett Barnes, OF, Pirates (Short-season State College): 4-for-4, 2B, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB. Supplemental first-round pick has plenty of tools; .278/.365/.352 in 15 games.
- Jorge Bonifacio, OF, Royals (Low-A Kane County): 3-for-5, 3B, R, 2 RBI, 2 K. 11-for-23 during six-game hitting streak and up to .315/.373/.468 overall; Just turned 19 and one of the best pure hitters in the league.
- Jackie Bradley, OF, Red Sox (Double-A Portland): 4-for-6, 2B, K, SB. Hasn't missed a beat since move to upper levels; .377/.443/.492 in 15 games.
- Gary Brown, OF, Giants (Double-A Richmond): 3-for-5, 2 2B, 3B, R, 2 RBI, K. 10-for-20 in last four games and hitting .318 in last 30; up to .273/.346/.368 overall.
- Cody Buckel, RHP, Rangers (Double-A Frisco): 6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 4 K. First big Double-A start after dominating Carolina League; timetable certainly upgraded, ceiling of middle to back-end starter, depending on source.
- David Dahl, OF, Rockies (Rookie-level Grand Junction): 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI. SB. First-round pick has impressed with hitting ability and defense; .375/.438/.625 in 14 games.
- Kenny Diekroeger, 2B, Royals (Rookie-level Burlington): 3-for-6, R, 5 RBI, Fourth-round pick is steady player who looks like big leaguer but lacks upside; .275/.302/.471 in first 11 games.
- Grant Green, UT, Athletics (Triple-A Sacramento): Has played 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF in last two weeks; .290/.333/.448 in 75 games.
- Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Rays (Double-A Montgomery): 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI, SB. 15-game hitting streak has lifted season line only mildly to .267/.326/.348.
- Daniel Norris, LHP, Blue Jays (Rookie-level Bluefield): 3.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 7 K. A bit wild, but also has 18 Ks in 15.1 innings while allowing just eight hits, and at this level, it's all about missing bats.
- Stephen Piscotty, 3B, Cardinals (Low-A Quad Cities): 2-for-5, HR (1), 2 R, 3 RBI, BB, K. First pro home run for supplemental first-round pick; .333/.429/.667 in seven games, but probably not a 3B in the end.
- Aderlin Rodriguez, 3B, Mets (Low-A Savannah): 2-for-3, HR (14), R, RBI. Has made significant progress offensively in second shot at league; .275/.339/.492 overall.
- Ronny Rodriguez, SS, Indians (High-A Carolina): 3-for-4. Toolsy shortstop hitting .349 in last 30 games and .283/.316/.448 overall; could be nice trade chip this month.
- Bubba Starling, OF, Royals (Rookie-level Burlington): 2-for-4, 3B, 3 R, RBI, 2 BB. 7-for-14 with 15 total bases in last three games; .360/.484/.680 in six games.
- Will Swanner, C, Rockies (Low-A Asheville): 2-for-4, HR (10), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K. Fantastic bat, but well below-average defensively; 9-for-20 with three home runs in last five games and .339/.425/.603 overall.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now