Off days in both Venezuela and the Dominican, so a quickie . . .
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies (AFL: Rafters): 3-for-5, HR (1), R, 3 RBIs. 15 RBIs in nine games (yes, I know it's not an important stat, but sometimes numbers can just be cool, no?).
- Matt Dominguez, 3B, Marlins (AFL: Saguaros): 3-for-4, 2B, HR (2), R, 6 RBIs. Hoping to build some momentum to competing for big league job next year; but that was the case last year at this time, no?
- Sean Gilmartin, LHP, Braves (AFL: Saguaros): 4 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. Best start of three for 2011 first-round pick; offers more assurances than upside.
- Grant Green, OF, Athletics (AFL: Desert Dogs): 3-for-5, 3B, 2 R. Hitting well, but this experience is all about his development in the outfield.
- Robbie Grossman, OF, Pirates (AFL: Solar Sox): 2-for-4, HR (4), 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 K, CS. Trying to prove he has to tools for a corner, and doing a good job of it so far.
- Adeiny Hechavarria, SS, Blue Jays (AFL: Desert Dogs): 4-for-4, 3 3B, R, 4 RBI. Was 2-for-24 heading into the game; best case scenario is still every day plus defender who hits eighth.
- Dixon Machado, SS, Tigers (AFL: Rafters): 2-for-3, 3B, 2 R, BB. 19-year-old Venezuelan is among youngest players in the league. Plus defender with questionable bat.
- Joe Mahoney, 1B, Orioles (AFL: Solar Sox): 3-for-5, 2 2B, HR (1), 2 R, 3 RBI, K. Beast (6-6, 240) of a human who needs to prove he can stay healthy and hit for power; 12 total bases in two games.
- Jefry Marte, 3B/1B, Mets (AFL: Javelinas): 2-for-3, HR (2), 2 R, 3 RBI. 20-year-old is a bit of a bat in search of a position; home runs in back-to-back games.
- Jean Segura, SS, Angels (AFL: Scorpions): 2-for-4, 2B, R, 3 RBI, CS. Trying to make up for lost 2011 regular season, like Green this is more about his defensive than offensive development.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now