- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies (AFL Rafters): 3-for-4, R, 5 RBIs. 5 RBIs without an extra-base hit is a unique line; continues to impress with both bat and glove.
- Lorenzo Cain, OF, Royals (VEN Navegantes): 2-for-3, HR (1), 2 R, RBI, BB, SB. Is he blocked in Kansas City? He certainly deserves a shot.
- Alex Castellanos, OF, Dodgers (AFL Rafters): 3-for-3, 2B, 4 R, 2 BB, SB, CS. Second straight three-hit game and 21 total bases in eight; came out of nowhere this year, but gaining in believers.
- Adam Eaton, OF, Diamondbacks (AFL Rafters): 2-for-4, 3 R, BB, SB. Little outfielder with line drive bat and a bit of speed; more of a extra outfielder skill set, despite strong numbers.
- Nick Franklin, SS, Mariners (AFL Javelinas): 1-for-3, HR (1), R, 2 RBI, BB. Just 2-for-14 in small sample; scouts want more looks after Jekyll and Hyde regular season.
- Jeremy Jeffress, RHP, Royals (AFL Saguaros): 1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Seemingly going backwards.
- Bryan LaHair, 1B, Cubs (VEN Navegantes): 4-for-4, 2B, 2 HR (2), 2 R, 3 RBI. I generally abhor 'Free Player X' movements; but I'm on board with this one. The guy can hit.
- Ryan Lavarnway, C, Red Sox (VEN Bravos): 2-for-3, BB, K. We know he can hit, but with defense a question mark, do the Red Sox find him big league at bats next year?
- Juan Legares, OF, Mets (AFL Javelinas): 2-for-4, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, SB. 22-year-old Dominican has plus bat, but poor approach and doesn't have speed for center, or offensive profile for corner.
- Francisco Martinez, 3B, Mariners (VEN Navegantes): 2-for-4, 2 R, BB, K. Very advanced hitter for age, but questions about secondary skills are fair.
- Yusmiero Petit, RHP (VEN Bravos): 3 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 3 K. Just thought you'd want to know he's still out there.
- Neil Ramirez, RHP, Rangers (AFL Saguaros): 4 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Breakout pitcher in the system continues to impress with plus stuff and control; AFL hitters 4-for-24 against him.
- Tanner Scheppers, RHP, Rangers (VEN Navegantes): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K. Has seen stock fall of late due to inability to throw strikes.
- Jean Segura, SS, Angels (AFL Scorpions): 3-for-4, 2B, 2 R, RBI, SB. Healthy, hitting and looking good on the left side; should be ready for Double-A next spring despite being limited to just 44 games in the regular season.
- Joe Terdoslavich, 1B, Braves (AFL Saguaros): 2-for-4, 2B, 3B, R, 4 RBI, K. 9-for-17 with 15 total bases in four games; scouts still see a 23-year-old who hasn't reached upper levels and has below-average power for the position.
- Casey Weathers, RHP, Rockies (AFL Rafters): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K. Control has just never returned post-surgery.
- Dmitri Young, 1B (VEN Caribes): 2-for-4, RBI, BB, 2 K. Awesome.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now