- Tim Beckham, SS, Rays (Rafters): 2-for-5, HR (1), R, RBI, K, E. Former No. 1 overall pick improved his stock greatly this year, but nobody is throwing star projections on him again.
- Christian Bethancourt, C, Braves (Rafters): 3-for-3. Made some offensive progress this year; defense is fantastic.
- Evan Crawford, LHP, Blue Jays (Desert Dogs): 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Has the ability to miss bats and generate ground balls; projects as middle-to-seventh relief type.
- Scooter Gennett, 2B, Brewers (Javelinas): 3-for-6, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 K. No question about his ability to hit for average, but are there enough secondary abilities to make him an every day player?
- Anthony Gose, OF, Blue Jays (Desert Dogs): 1-for-4, HR (2), R, RBI, K, CS. Two home runs in two games; one of those prospects that scouts vary wildly on, between love and merely like.
- Robbie Grossman, OF, Pirates (Solar Sox): 3-for-5, HR (2), R, RBI. 5-for-9 with two home runs in first two games; lots of average tools across the board.
- Junior Lake, SS, Cubs (Solar Sox): 3-for-4, 2B, HR (1), 2 R, RBI, SB. Still athletic as all get out; still can't hit a breaking ball, still has plenty of scouts who would like to see him on the mound.
- Wil Myers, OF, Royals (Rafters): 2-for-4, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, K. Knee injury followed by an infection hampered him most of the year, but can't completely explain away surprising Double-A struggles.
- Mike Olt, 3B, Rangers (Rafters): 2-for-5, 2 HR (2), 2 R, 5 RBI, 2 K. If he can stay healthy and repeat this year's performance at Double-A, he'll be among the better third base prospects in the game, yet blocked by Adrian Beltre.
- Forrest Snow, RHP, Mariners (Javelinas): 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Not just a system sleeper but a very real prospect with plus-plus velocity who could make some noise in 2012.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now