Just a quick one (well, kind of) . . .
- Jason Adam, RHP, Royals (Low-A Kane County): 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 8 K. 1.85 ERA in four starts with opponent's batting average of .174.
- Matt Adams, 1B, Cardinals (Double-A): 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, BB. 17-for-27 in last six games and up to .348/.387/.668 overall.
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies (High-A Modesto): 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI. Batting average is up 40 points in last 11 games to .276/.322/.423; needs to hit for a high average as power and patience is below average for the position.
- Andrew Brackman, RHP, Yankees (Triple-A Scranton): 1 IP, 0 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 1 K. Pulled after 39 pitch inning as the wheels have completely fallen off; 36 walks in 46.1 innings.
- Edwar Cabrera, LHP, Rockies (Low-A Asheville): 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 11 K. The minor league strikeout leader with 96 in 71 innings; 23-year-old lefty in Low-A with average velocity but plus command and killer changeup.
- Brett Cecil, LHP, Blue Jays (Triple-A Las Vegas): 9 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 6 K. Best start since demotion, but ERA still at 5.06 in eight outings.
- Matt Davidson, 3B/1B, Diamondbacks (High-A Visalia): 2-for-4, 2B, HR (8), 2 R, 4 RBI, BB.
- Matt Dominguez, 3B, Marlins (Triple-A New Orleans): 4-for-4, 2B, 2 HR (3), 3 R, 5 RBI, BB. Raises OPS more than 250 points in 22-6 blowout; .255/.356/.510 in 14 games.
- Mat Gamel, 1B, Brewers (Triple-A Nashville): 2-for-4, HR (9), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, K. Hitting .317/.390/.538; limited trade value because of position, so being stored away as Prince insurance?
- Johnny Giavotella, 2B, Royals (Triple-A Omaha): 3-for-5, 2B, HR (3), 2 R, 3 RBI, SB. Seven hits and 14 total bases in last three games; up to .296/.365/.403.
- Billy Hamilton, SS, Reds (Low-A Dayton): 2-for-4, 3B, 2 R, 2 K, SB. That's 43 stolen bases in 51 games; 8-for-20 run has him above the Mendoza Line at .216/.292/.314.
- Bryce Harper, OF, Nationals (Low-A Hagerstown): 4-for-5, HR (13), R, 2 RBI, BB, CS. The home run was a 10th inning walkoff while down by a run; .346/.432/.623 in 52 games and does not belong at this level, period.
- Matt Harvey, RHP, Mets (High-A St. Lucie): 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 9 K. Gave up four runs on April 28 and eight on May 10; in his other nine starts, he has a 0.71 ERA.
- Jose Iglesias, SS, Red Sox (Triple-A Pawtucket): 2-for-4, R, RBI. 10-for-25 (.400) in last six games but still at just .241/.278/.248 overall.
- Adam Lind, DH, Blue Jays (High-A Dunedin): 3-for-3, 2 2B, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB. Nine plate appearances and just one out, so let's assume he looks pretty good.
- Trevor May, RHP, Phillies (High-A Clearwater): 8 IP, 2 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 12 K. This is how good he can be when he throws strikes; 80 Ks in 61 innings with easy plus fastball and two secondary pitches that are at least average.
- Deck McGuire, RHP, Blue Jays (High-A Dunedin): 5 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 BB, 6 K. Scuffling of late; 15.2 IP, 21 H, 11 BB, 13 K in last three starts.
- Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Red Sox (Double-A Portland): 2-for-4, HR (8), R, RBI, K. Has snapped out of slump with a four-game run of 7-for-13 with two home runs; .295/.339/.506 line in 47 games.
- Mike Moustakas, 3B, Royals (Triple-A Omaha): 2-for-5, HR (10), R, RBI, K. Hit .225 in first 20 games but .336 since; 10-for-20 in last four games and .292/.356/.510 overall.
- Mike Olt, 3B, Rangers (High-A Myrtle Beach): 2-for-3, 2B, R, RBI, BB. Hit .359 in first 16 games but .245 since; .287/.403/.511 overall.
- Josh Phegley, C, White Sox (Double-A Birmingham): 4-for-4, 2B, HR (4), 2 R, 7 RBI. Up to .271/.312/.427 in 48 games; tough guy to scout as he has a plus arm, but well below-average receiving skills.
- Kyle Seager, 2B, Mariners (Double-A Jackson): 2-for-3, 2 2B, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB. 13-for-26 in last six games to lift line to .308/.382/.463 in 50 games; barring a move by Dustin Ackley to the outfield, he's blocked.
- Scott Sizemore, 3B, Athletics (Triple-A Sacramento): 2-for-4, 3 R, BB, SB. 7-for-19 with 10 walks for a .368/.567/.474 line since the trade.
- Ian Stewart, 3B, Rockies (Triple-A Colorado Springs): 2-for-4, 2B, HR (6), R, 3 RBI, BB. Slugging .705 in 18 games since being sent down, but with 20 strikeouts in 61 at-bats, it's a bit fluky.
- Matt Szczur, OF, Cubs (Low-A Peoria): 4-for-6, HR (3), 3 R, RBI, SB. After going homerless in his first 31 games he has three in his last five; up to .340/.400/.464 and could move up to High-A soon.
- Sebastian Valle, C, Phillies (High-A Clearwater): 4-for-4, 2B, 3B, R, RBI. 15-for-27 during six-game hitting streak and up to .357/.371/.521 in 35 games.
- Kyle Weiland, RHP, Red Sox (Triple-A Pawtucket): 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K. 3.10 ERA and 65 strikeouts in 58 innings; fastball earns praise for both movement and velocity, while secondary stuff is improving.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now