This was planned as a quick one due to some other priorities today, but I ended up listing 33 players, anyway. What can I say? It's a disease.
Others Of Note:
- Dustin Ackley, 2B, Mariners (Triple-A Tacoma): 3-for-5, HR (6), 3 R, RBI, K. Mariners are indicating he will be in the big leagues soon; 16-for-33 in last eight games and .280/.399/.445 on the year.
- Jason Adam, RHP, Royals (Low-A Kane County): 4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 4 BB, 3 K. Pro debut for over slot fifth-round pick with huge upside.
- Brandon Allen, 1B, Diamondbacks (Triple-A Reno): 1-for-3, HR (6), 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB. Doing his best to earn another look with the big boys; hitting .368/.493/.667 in 18 May games.
- Yonder Alonso, OF/1B, Reds (Triple-A Louisville): 13-for-25 in last six games and .341/.396/.563 in 35 games; would certainly big an upgrade in left field for the Reds.
- Manny Banuelos, LHP, Yankees (Double-A Trenton): 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 7 K. Best start of the year as he's recovered from early-season blister issues.
- Brandon Belt, 1B, Giants (Triple-A Fresno): 1-for-2, HR (3), R, 5 RBI, 2 BB. Despite big leagues struggles, he's proving 2010 was not a fluke; .387/.529/.600 in 24 games since demotion.
- Charlie Blackmon, OF, Rockies (Triple-A Colorado Springs): 2-for-4, 2B, HR (8), 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 K. Fourth straight multi-hit game and .327/.392/.582 overall; scouts have upgraded him to good every day player over the last 12 months.
- Jake Brigham, RHP, Rangers (Double-A Frisco): 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K. Sleeper arm in a system full of pitching has power frame and good velocity; 44 Ks in 45.2 IP.
- Domonic Brown, OF, Phillies (Triple-A Lehigh Valley): 1-for-2, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB. On-base 20 times in ten games at Triple-A; .361/.444/.583.
- Gary Brown, OF, Giants (High-A San Jose): 3-for-5, 2B, RBI, K. Hitting .433 in May and .374/.446/.521 overall; needs to be tested at Double-A.
- Sean Burroughs, 3B, Diamondbacks (Triple-A Reno): 5-for-5, 3 2B, 3B, 2 R, 4 RBI. How cool is it that this guy is hitting .386/.434/.571?
- Zack Cox, 3B, Cardinals (High-A Palm Beach): 2-for-5, HR (3), R, RBI, K. From no home runs in first 30 games to three in last six; .331/.353/.434 in 36 games.
- James Darnell, 3B, Padres (Double-A San Antonio): 2-for-4, 2 HR (8), 2 R, 6 RBI, K. Hitting .371/.469/.667 in 35 games, and that's with a bit of a down May.
- Kelvin DeLeon, OF, Yankees (Low-A Charleston): 1-for-4, HR (8), R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K. Five home runs in last seven games and up to .233/.301/.451; huge power but massive holes in swing.
- Derek Dietrich, SS, Rays (Low-A Bowling Green): 3-for-5, 2 2B, RBI, K. .299/.351/.556 in 33 games; advanced for the level but the bat has impressed.
- Anthony Gose, OF, Blue Jays (Double-A New Hampshire): 3-for-4, R, 2 RBI, K. 6-for-11 in last three games and up to .268/.350/.345.
- Jedd Gyorko, 3B, Padres (High-A Lake Elsinore): 2-for-4, 2B, 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 SB. 14-game hitting streak has lifted averages to .376/.451/.662; like Brown, he doesn't belong here.
- Aaron Hicks, OF, Twins (High-A Fort Myers): 2-for-4, HR (2), R, 2 RBI, 2 K. Showing some signs of life with a .273/.397/.455 mark in May.
- Brett Lawrie, 3B, Blue Jays (Triple-A Las Vegas): 3-for-3, 3B, HR (9), 3 R, 2 RBI, K. Hitting .337/.395/.615 over 39 games, but more importantly to his chances at a call up, just one error in his last 27 games after committing six in his first 12.
- Trevor May, RHP, Phillies (High-A Clearwater): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 11 K. Beginning to miss a ton of bats; 36 strikeouts over 23 innings in last four starts.
- Devin Mesoraco, C, Reds (Triple-A Louisville): 5-for-6, 2B, 2 R, RBI. Yup, 2010's breakout was the real deal; .319/.406/.538 in 33 games.
- Juan Nicasio, RHP, Rockies (Double-A Tulsa): 7 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 9 K. 60 strikeouts against just 10 walks in 49.2 innings; could be lining self up for big league look at some point in the season.
- Deck McGuire, RHP, Blue Jays (High-A Dunedin): 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K. Best start of brief pro career; 2.32 ERA in eight games and should be in Double-A for second half.
- Mike Moustakas, 3B, Royals (Triple-A Omaha): 2-for-4, 2B, HR (8), R, RBI, BB, K. Starting to go off with .339/.424/.661 line in 14 May games; get ready for another much-hyped arrival in Kansas City.
- D'Vontrey Richardson, OF, Brewers (High-A Brevard County): 6-for-6, 2B, 3 R, RBI, CS. As far as those who you would not expect to go 6-for-6, this is one of the top picks; batting average up 47 points to .260/.324/.360.
- Manny Soliman, RHP, Twins (Low-A Beloit): 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 11 K. Converted infielder has plus fastball/slider combination; 47 strikeouts in 31.2 innings.
- Rubi Silva, OF, Cubs (High-A Daytona): 2-for-4, HR (1), 2 R, RBI. Second High-A game for Cuban signee who showed intriguing tools in the Midwest League.
- J.C. Sulbaran, RHP, Reds (High-A Bakersfield): 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 13 K. Talented, but inconsistent and oft-injured.
- Mike Trout, OF, Angels (Double-A Arkansas): 2-for-3, 2B, R, 2 BB, SB. .315/.400/.569 in 34 games and 1075 OPS in May.
- Cory Vaughn, OF, Mets (Low-A Savannah): 1-for-3, HR (3), R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K. Home runs in back-to-back games; up to .349/.482/.504.
- Jemile Weeks, 2B, Athletics (Triple-A Sacramento): 3-for-5, R, 2 RBI, SB. .325/.418/.467 line should lead to second base job in Oakland next year.
- Robert Whitenack, RHP, Cubs (Double-A Tennessee): 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K. Best Double-A start since moving up in late April. Just 17 Ks in 30 innings but 2.5 groundball ratio.
- Brandon Workman, RHP, Red Sox (Low-A Greenville): 4 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K. His struggles at Low-A have been surprising; 4.68 ERA with league hitting .282 against him.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now