Another quick one with a high threshold for inclusion. I'll have details on my live look at Taijuan Walker (Mariners) and Hayden Simpson (Cubs) later in the day.
- Dustin Ackley, 2B, Mariners (Triple-A Tacoma): 0-for-2, 3 BB, R, SB. 13 walks in last ten games but just seven hits leads to weird season-line of .211/.353/.325; with a career batting average of .257 can we stop acting like his some sort of guaranteed .300 hitter in the big leagues?
- Brandon Belt, 1B, Giants (Triple-A Fresno): 2-for-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI, K. Pushing for another look; .462/.560/.744 in 12 games.
- Domonic Brown, OF, Phillies (Triple-A Lehigh Valley): 3-for-4, 2 R, RBI, SB. He'll be back soon, and deservedly so.
- Matt Bush, RHP, Rays (Double-A Montgomery): 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K. Nine strikeouts over 4.1 innings in last three appearances; Can miss bats, but futures will come down to control.
- Paul Clemens, RHP, Braves (Double-A Mississippi): 8 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K. Under-the-radar arm getting high marks from scouts for his pitchability and tenacity; 2.08 ERA in six starts.
- Doug Davis, RHP, Cubs (High-A Daytona): 6.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K. Exceptionally sharp in first start of season; still could be solid back-end starter in the end.
- Corey Dickerson, OF, Rockies (Low-A Asheville): 4-for-4, 2 2B, 2 HR (5), 3 R, 2 RBI. Big, athletic sleeper raises OPS 164 points in one night; up to .299/.365/.584.
- Derek Dietrich, SS, Rays (Low-A Bowling Green): 2-for-4, HR (5), 2 R, 5 RBI, 2 K. Has some of the best numbers in the Midwest League at .319/.373/.625, but doesn't really belong at this level.
- Paul Goldschmidt, 1B, Diamondbacks (Double-A Mobile): 2-for-5, HR (10), R, 2RBI, 2 K. First home run in ten games; still at .337/.487/.730 overall.
- Bryce Harper, OF, Nationals (Low-A Hagerstown): 1-for-3, HR (7), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB. 21-for-45 (.467) with seven doubles and six home runs in his last 13 games; .357/.455/.702 line could make him the youngest player at High-A soon.
- Desmond Jennings, OF, Rays (Triple-A Durham): 3-for-5, 2B, R, RBI, K. On-base 14 times in last six games and up to .288/.405/.433; the whole Sam Fuld thing was adorable while it lasted; Jennings makes the team better right now.
- Junior Lake, SS, Cubs (High-A Daytona): 3-for-5, 3B, HR (2), 2 R, 3 RBI, K. Always had plenty of tools, but any excitement over .311/.312/.491 line is tempered by 106 at-bats and zero walks.
- Manny Machado, SS, Orioles (Low-A Delmarva): 0-for-0, BB. Left game with knee injury; getting checked out today.
- Deck McGuire, RHP, Blue Jays (High-A Dunedin): 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K. Best start as pro and career high in Ks; 2.93 ERA but disturbing fly ball tendencies are worrisome once he leaves the Florida State League.
- Jake Marisnick, OF, Blue Jays (Low-A Lansing): 2-for-4, HR (4), R, 3 RBI, K, SB. Up to .344/.434/.563 and this is starting to look more and more like a real breakout.
- Tyler Matzek, LHP, Rockies (High-A Modesto): 1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 BB, 2 K. Going back to old mechanics has not led to expected turnaround; be concerned here.
- Mike Minor, LHP, Braves (Triple-A Gwinnett): 7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 6 K. Doing something like this every time out; no room at the inn in Atlanta.
- Kyle Seager, 2B, Mariners (Double-A Jackson): 2-for-2, 2 2B, R, RBI, BB, CS. Six double in last four games and .337/.385/.485 overall; kid can really hit, other tools just OK.
- Tyler Townsend, 1B, Orioles (High-A Frederick): 2-for-4, HR (5), R, 3 RBI, K, CS. 14-for-30 in last seven games and .348/.375/.652 overall; definitely can hit, but has to as a bat-only prospect.
- Dayan Viciedo, OF, White Sox (Triple-A Charlotte): Easy to forget he's only 22; 10-for-21 in last five games and .286/.315/.467 overall.
- Arodys Vizcaino, RHP, Braves (High-A Lynchburg): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Return from back spasms; plan was one inning only.
- Tim Wheeler, OF, Rockies (Double-A Tulsa): 2-for-2, 2 2B, R, 2 BB, SB. Former first-round pick has solid tools across the board and is rebounding well from disappointing 2010 season; .292/.373/.615 in 25 games.
- Christian Yelich, OF, Marlins (Low-A Greensboro): 3-for-3, 2 2B, R, RBI, BB. Hitting .340 in his last 12 games and .273/.360/.432 overall.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now