1. Manny being Manny: The Rays take a commanding 2-0 lead int he ALCS thanks to the efforts of a different corner outfielder than you might have guessed.
2. Deep Fried: You will be shocked to learn Craig wasn’t a big fan of Dave Roberts bullpen management in Game 1.
3. A new pitch: Will Billy Beane‘s shit work in the Champions League?
4. The Merry-Go-Round is in motion: We have our first managerial firing…sorry “parting by mutual consent.”
5. Improving home improvement, but not baseball: The soundtrack to the NLCS should really be Punisher.
Five and Dive is listener-supported, you can join our Patreon at patreon.com/fiveanddive.
If you want to get in contact with the show, the e-mail address is email@example.com.
Our theme tune is by Jawn Stockton. You can listen to him on Spotify and Apple Music
Apple Music: http://bit.ly/JawnStockton_AM
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now