In Episode 186, Jeffrey. Jarrett, Zach, and Craig take to Twitch to discuss a jam-packed week of offseason wheeling and dealing.
1. We are definitely a Mets Podcast: The Mets made the biggest splash, adding Max Scherzer on a record AAV, and remaking their lineup.
2. The payroll is bigger in Texas: They didn’t spend the most money though, as the Rangers dropped a cool half a billion on a new middle infield, but might still have Leody Taveras batting fifth?
3. There is no such thing as a free agency: And then there were all the other deals.
4. Around the Horn: We have some trades and extensions as well.
5. Laborious! I won’t give in, I won’t give in: And it’s all coming to a halt on Thursday.
Five and Dive is listener-supported, you can join our Patreon at patreon.com/fiveanddive. If you want to get in contact with the show, the e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our theme tune is by Jawn Stockton. You can listen to him on Spotify and Apple Music
Apple Music: http://bit.ly/JawnStockton_AM
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now