Summary The Senior Development Operations Engineer will work closely with the multiple development and systems teams to manage the Brewers cloud infrastructure and DevOps systems. This individual will be responsible for collecting requirements, automating deployments, maintaining, and securing systems, monitoring, and logging all connections from various sources as well as preparing documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available Cloud systems and services
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
- Develop, deploy, and maintain cloud infrastructure as code
- Develop, implement, and maintain security standards, processes, and monitoring
- Research, develop and deploy new applications and tools to improve processes and systems
- Setup and maintain comprehensive monitoring and alerting systems for production systems
- Maintain, build, and support containerized environments
- Work with developers to understand the full development and deployment cycle
- Identify, design, and implement process automation
- Monitor platforms for outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact
- Participate in industry or MLB related events, training, or peer groups
- Be on a rotational call for certain gameday related duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced software and DevOps Engineer who excels at automating and optimizing cloud systems.
- Experience with:
- SDLC, especially Agile or Kanban concepts
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gitlab Pipelines, Bitbucket Pipeline, or TravisCI)
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, AWS CDK, Puppet)
- Configuration as Code tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Kubernetes (Deploying/Monitoring/Debugging Applications)
- SQL, including writing and maintaining queries
- AWS/GCP PaaS/FaaS services
- Linux OS and Windows Server support
- Programming languages (.NET, Java, or C++)
The skills listed below will help an individual perform the job, however they are not all required.
- Experience with:
- GitOps Tools (ArgoCD/flux)
- Database migrations tools (flyway/sqitch)
- Apache Airflow
- Cloud Native Metrics/Monitoring Tools (Prometheus/Grafana)
- Database Platforms (SQL Server, Snowflake)
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, focused on Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel to our spring training facility in Arizona may be required.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings, and some holidays. Additional hours may also be required as part of an on-call rotation to cover some weekends, evenings, and holidays throughout the year.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now