Job Title: Analyst, Research & Development
The Lotte Giants, a Busan, South Korea-based member of the KBO League since its inaugural season in 1982, is searching for an Analyst in its Research & Development Department.
The R&D Analyst will report to the Director of Research & Development. The role will involve data collection, organization, and distribution across all levels of baseball within the organization. The R&D Analyst will interface daily with people across many departments, including Baseball Operations, Scouting, Player Development, and Major League Operations.
This position is not available as a remote position. The candidate must be able to relocate to Busan, South Korea.
- Experience with baseball-specific technologies. Examples of such technologies include, but are not limited to: Trackman, Rapsodo, high-speed cameras, and Blast Motion.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of practical application of data in baseball.
- Experience with modern database technologies and SQL.
- Experience with R
- Experience with Python, especially with machine learning frameworks.
- Educational background in math, computer science, economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
- Fluency in Korean.
If interested in this position, please email your resume and any pertinent work samples to email@example.com.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now