Job Title: Professional Scout
Department: Professional Scouting
Reports To: Manager, Player Personnel (in addition to VP, Scouting)
Dates: Must be available to start by March 15th, 2020. Relocation to Phoenix, Arizona is desirable but not required.
Primary Objective: Support the professional scouting department in all facets of player evaluation.
- Provide written evaluations on players, with coverage to be assigned by management.
- Support the professional scouting department with video research and ad hoc special assignments, including Prospect Lists and Players of Interest.
- Assist amateur and international scouting departments on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Equivalent relevant work or playing experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required.
- Background in player evaluation is a plus, but not required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Working knowledge of baseball skill sets and their roles in player evaluation.
- Working knowledge of the baseball industry and current in-game trends.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High degrees of self-motivation and integrity. Willingness to accept personal responsibility for accomplishing objectives in a way that positively represents the organization.
- Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking skills.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Willing to travel occasionally and as needed 10-20 days a month.
- Standing long periods of time in outside conditions.
For your application to be considered complete, you must finish your application by following this link for the video portion of our hiring process: Click here
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now