Position: Atlanta Braves Developer, Baseball Systems
Location: Atlanta, GA (Remote preferred)
The Baseball Systems Developer position emphasizes software and web development as it relates to the Baseball Operations department. The Developer’s main responsibilities will be to build and enhance proprietary applications for displaying baseball information and visualizations, maintaining existing information management systems, and developing additional productivity tools to aid in Baseball Operations decision making. Candidates must have proven experience with application and/or web development, with interest in baseball and sports analytics research as a strong plus. The position will report to Assistant General Manager, Research and Development.
Note: The candidate that fills this position will have the option to work remotely or in our Atlanta offices. Remote is preferred.
- Develop and maintain proprietary software used within the Baseball Operations department.
- Work with department stakeholders to develop, deploy and test applications within IT best practice parameters.
- Build relationships, communicate effectively, and gather feedback from Baseball Operations staff to build new platforms and improve existing systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with database technologies and SQL. Microsoft SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with using version control such as git.
- Ability to learn new technologies, including new coding languages.
- Comfort with Agile software development methodology. Kanban or Scrumban experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and the ability to solve technical problems.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends as dictated by the Major League season.
- Must complete a successful background check.
- Knowledge of current baseball statistics and analytics used in player evaluation a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus.
- Solid fundamentals with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with big data techniques
- Familiarity with cloud developer tools
- iOS and/or Android app development
- Demonstrated software development work product.
If you are interested, please email your resume and any other materials to email@example.com
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now