Position: Seattle Mariners Baseball Analytics Intern
Location: Safeco Field, Seattle WA
We are seeking an individual with a background in statistical analysis and a passion for baseball. The position will work directly alongside the analytics team on a wide range of projects, providing ample opportunity to directly impact front office decision-making. Start and end dates are flexible, and we will consider applicants who are available for only the summer of 2019, but preference for candidates that can start by Feb 1, 2019.
- Statistical modeling and analysis of a variety of data sources including Statcast, Trackman and proprietary data sets
- Ad hoc queries and quantitative research
- Various game-day duties and support for all departments within Baseball Operations
- A strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, computer science and/or engineering.
- Proficient with either R or Python
- Track record of original baseball research
- Experience with any of pitch level data, hit vector data, biomechanical data
- Experience with predictive modeling
While many candidates are no doubt capable, we desire a skillset that can impact, innovate and add value immediately.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please follow this link.
Tell them your friends at Baseball Prospectus sent you!
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now