The Minnesota Twins are seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join the Baseball Research and Development group. This position offers wide-ranging exposure to current programming methods and frameworks in a fast-paced agile environment. With creativity and passion, this candidate will collaborate with the Baseball Operations staff to develop, deliver, and maintain data driven solutions for player evaluation, player development, and leading-edge baseball research. This position requires strong full stack web development skills and experience as well as a demonstrated ability for independent curiosity and a commitment to excellence while working within a team framework. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will enable the candidate to enjoy direct relationships with product users.
- Work closely with all groups within the Baseball Department including Baseball Operations, Scouting, Coaching, and Player Development to develop, maintain, and expand strategic web and mobile baseball applications.
- Design and develop web services and APIs to be consumed by web and mobile applications.
- Create easy to understand interfaces and reports with data visualizations that showcase data and analysis in a creative and effective way for a variety of different users and use cases.
- Use an agile software development approach for quick roll-outs combined with incremental improvement process to existing systems and environments.
- Work closely with Infrastructure team to ensure secure, scalable, and high-performing applications.
- Provide courteous and timely first-level contact and problem resolution for all Baseball Department users with application issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Software development experience, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, and iterative improvement.
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and database design.
- Familiarity with data visualization and graphical packages such as Tableau, Power BI, D3.js, or ggplot is a plus.
- Mobile development experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Interest in optimizing user experience through effective UI/UX design.
- Understand software development best practices and long-term maintainability of code.
- Strong curiosity and interest in researching and learning new technologies as needed.
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of baseball player evaluation techniques and concepts.
- Ability to relocate to the Twins Cities area.
To apply: CLICK HERE
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now