Minnesota Twins: Intern, Baseball Operations/Research and Development
- Support the Research and Development Department by delivering tools and research that improve decision-making processes for the breadth of Baseball Operations personnel.
- Evaluate and build statistically rigorous models to aid and inform in a variety of areas of baseball operations, including: amateur scouting, advance scouting, player development, and player acquisition.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advance knowledge of sabermetric methods and analytical tools (machine learning, data visualization, etc.) is preferred
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and a penchant for explaining technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Majors in Operations Research, Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Biomechanics, and Psychology
- Experience with SQL Databases or statistical packages, such as R and Python (preferred)
Time Commitment: March 2018 through October 2018
To Apply: Click Here
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now