It's Baseball Prospectus's newest podcast: DFA!
(Welcome to the club, Stolen Signs!)
Host Bryan Grosnick (Baseball Prospectus), co-host R.J. Anderson (CBS Sports), and producer Shawn Brody (Beyond the Box Score, BP Mets) are talking about all the transactions and roster moves that make MLB go. From trades and signings to callups and disabled list stints, DFA is here to provide analysis and commentary on all things baseball.
On the 20th episode of DFA we blow it out with a LIVE show covering the lead-up and fallout to the trade deadline. Bryan is joined by some (but not all of) BP's finest writers and analysts to talk about all the mvoes and deals. First, he kicks things off by welcoming Minor League Editor Craig Goldstein to talk about Sonny Gray and, perhaps more importantly, Jeremy Hellickson. Then Patrick Dubuque joins to discuss Erasmo Ramirez and avocados, two sorta-delicious things! After that, Senior Prospect Writer Jeffrey Paternostro hits on all the Mets' relief moves and doubles back to cover the youngsters heading to Oakland in exchange for Gray. On to Emma Baccellieri, who waxes poetic about the Indians' moves (and not moves), the Tigers' pickup of Jeimer Candelario, and the state of the AL Central. Right after the deadline, Bryan and Shawn bring on Kate Morrison to chat about the Rangers … and in an instance of the worst timing in history, reveal that Yu Darvish has been traded JUST before switching to the show's final guest: BP's Editor-in-Chief Aaron Gleeman! (Aaron talks about the Twins, which are much more important than a Yu Darvish trade. He also talks about Yu Darvish.)
We're on iTunes! Please rate and review us, so others can find and listen to the show … and we're also on Stitcher! Thank you for listening!
So Many Transaction Analyses!
- Transaction Analysis – A Gunslinger in Hollywood (by Bryan Grosnick, Matt Pullman, Will Siskel, and Craig Goldstein)
- Transaction Analysis – Sonny In New York: The Yankees Go Gray (by Stacey Gotsulias, Jarrett Seidler, Javier Barragan, and Steve Givarz)
- Transaction Analysis – Dave Dombrowski, Bullpen Buyer (by Ben Carsley, Erich Rothmann, and Jarrett Seidler)
- Transaction Analysis – Avila Trades Avila (and Wilson) (by Zack Moser, Eric Roseberry, and Emmett Rosenbaum)
- Transaction Analysis – The Purge: Philadelphia (by Ben Diamond, Lukas Vlahos, Greg Goldstein, and Craig Goldstein)
- Transaction Analysis – Jaime Garcia, Flipped (by Aaron Gleeman, Jarrett Seidler, and Javier Barragan)
- Transaction Analysis – The Seller's Detour (by Bryan Grosnick and Jeffrey Paternostro)
- Transaction Analysis – Fallen Star at Mile High (by Colin Anderle, Nicholas Zettel, and Craig Goldstein)
- Transaction Analysis – Rays Relief (by Patrick Dubuque, Noah Grand, and John Eshleman)
- Transaction Analysis – Rizzo's Relief (by Aaron Gleeman and Greg Goldstein)
- Transaction Analysis – More Melk, Please (by Matthew Trueblood and Victor Filoromo)
Download Here (86 MB; 1:33:14)
iTunes Feed (Please rate and review us!)
Email Us email@example.com
(Hosted by BlogTalkRadio. Intro and outro music is 'My Ways' by Inspection 12. Find more from the band on Facebook.)
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now