Position: Director of Sales
Deadline: March 11, 2016
Contact: Send cover letter and resume to Jim Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a creative self-starter â€‹whoâ€‹ wants to be part of something speciâ€‹al: â€‹grow a small innovative sports company through hard work.â€‹ The â€‹BPâ€‹ sales person will play the role of utility player for the BP â€‹sâ€‹ales team, doing whatever it takes to help grow BP and hit â€‹sâ€‹ales and â€‹â€‹revenue objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong sales background, preferably in media with knowledge of sports/baseball, and specializeâ€‹ in new business development. The primary â€‹tâ€‹ask will be â€‹to â€‹engineer and sell sponsorship opportunities â€‹toâ€‹ outside brands. The Director of Sales will make outbound calls and emails â€‹focusing on new account creation, and be tasked with identifying, opening and servicing sponsorship and other accounts. Position will be paid by performance includingâ€‹ cash bonuses for new accounts and sales milestones.
· â€‹Find podcast, newsletter, online, print, and magazine ad sponsors for BPâ€‹.â€‹
· â€‹â€‹Coordinateâ€‹ marketing materialâ€‹sâ€‹ and campaignsâ€‹,â€‹ and â€‹â€‹develop sales strategies.
· Create inventive ways to find sponsorship for existing products.
· â€‹Research the industry for new opportunities.
· â€‹Generate prospects through cold callingâ€‹ and warm calling.
· â€‹Followâ€‹-â€‹up with and service existing BP accountsâ€‹.â€‹
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now