Our friends in Kansas City asked if we could share this job opening with our readers. Please follow the link at the bottom to apply if you're interested. Tell them Baseball Prospectus sent you. Good luck!
The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club is seeking a highly motivated, full-stack systems architect / developer to support baseball operations. The ideal applicant will be able to manage multiple, concurrent projects that facilitate enhanced communications, reporting, and other interactions between teams internal to the organization.
- Manage receipt, storage, merging, and formatting of multiple data sources (flat files, APIs, database pulls, etc.)
- Develop schema, optimize performance, and manage testing of databases of various sizes
- Develop, test, and optimize performance and accuracy of scripts used to calculate derived data
- Automate, manage, and report data lifecycle based on retention and storage requirements
- Design and develop web front-ends to subsets of data
- Design and develop reports for presenting data and charts
- Design and develop web tools to facilitate distributed team member communication
- Ensure that systems and solutions are in line with organizational objectives
- Interface with analysts and staff on creation of optimal data structures for analytical purposes
- Other related duties as assigned
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience is required
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours during the baseball season is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of work materials and issues as appropriate.
- Experience with the following tools, platforms and business data:
- Advanced management of MySQL, or equivalent, relational database platform – required
- Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Bootstrap, or equivalent technologies – required
- Management of multi-tiered deployment environments (development, staging, production, etc.) – required
- Multi-threaded/parallel-process applications – required
- Development of portable platforms (PC, mobile) – required
- Administration of UNIX-based servers (Linux, Mac, etc.) – required
- Statistical performance data – preferred
- UX design experience is a plus
- Business intelligence experience is a plus
- Baseball knowledge and exposure to baseball statistics is a plus
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes or No. Do you have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the field?
2. Yes or No. Do you have experience administering UNIX-based servers (Linux, Mac, etc.)?
3. Yes or No. Do you have experience with Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Bootstrap or equivalent technologies?
4. Yes or No. Do you have experience developing portable platforms?
5. Yes or No. Do you have experience with MySQL, or equivalent, relational database platfroms?
6. Yes or No. Do you have experience in managing multi-tiered deployment environments (development, staging, production, etc.)?
7. Yes or No. Do you have experience with multi-threaded/parallel-process applications?
8. Yes or No. Are you able to work evenings, weekends, and holiday hours during the baseball season?
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now