Probable Pitchers for July 1, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Nationals SP Gio Gonzalez yielded just three hits and two walks while striking out seven over seven shutout innings.
- Mets SP Zack Wheeler was knocked around for a second straight start, allowing five runs over just 4 2/3 innings.
- Nationals OF Jayson Werth went 2-for-3 with a solo homer and four runs scored.
- Marlins SP Nathan Eovaldi spun six scoreless innings, allowing just four hits and three walks.
- Padres SP Andrew Cashner allowed two runs on five hits and a walk over six innings.
- Marlins C Jeff Mathis smashed a walk-off grand slam in the ninth inning.
- Padres OF Carlos Quentin hit a pinch-hit, two-run homer.
- Red Sox SP Ryan Dempster lasted just 5 1/3 innings but allowed only two runs.
- Red Sox RP Koji Uehara blew his first save since taking over as the closer, allowing a game-tying solo homer to Jose Bautista in the ninth inning.
- Blue Jays SP Mark Buehrle allowed four runs on seven hits and a walk over six innings.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista went 3-for-5 and ripped a game-tying solo homer in the ninth inning.
- Indians SP Justin Masterson tossed his third shutout of the season striking out eight and allowing one walk.
- White Sox SP Chris Sale yielded three earned runs over eight innings Sunday as the White Sox fell to the Indians.
- Dodgers recalled RHP Chris Withrow from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Dodgers designated RHP Matt Guerrier for assignment.
- Cubs placed OF Ryan Sweeney on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured rib.
- Rockies optioned RHP Rob Scahill to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Rockies recalled LHP Drew Pomeranz from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Rockies signed OF/1B Xavier Nady to a minor league contract, assigned him to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Mariners acquired INF Ty Kelly from the Orioles in exchange for OF Eric Thames.
- Blue Jays signed C Ramon Hernandez to a minor league contract, assigned him to Triple-A Buffalo.
- Indians recalled LHP Nick Hagadone from Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians placed OF Michael Bourn on the paternity leave list.
- Astros recalled OF/INF Jimmy Paredes from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Astros placed OF Justin Maxwell on the 7-day disabled list, retroactive to June 29, with a concussion.
- Angels placed OF Peter Bourjos on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured right wrist.
- Orioles designated RHP Jair Jurrjens for assignment.
- Orioles activated 2B Brian Roberts from the 60-day disabled list.
- Indians signed RHP Boof Bonser to a minor league contract, assigned him to Triple-A Columbus.
- The Washington Times expects Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (back) to start Wednesday against the Brewers.
- Nationals SP Dan Haren (shoulder) said that he expects to require the minimum stay on the disabled list.
- Reds SP Johnny Cueto (lat) will not throw for a few weeks.
- Pirates SP Wandy Rodriguez could receive an injection for his left elbow on Monday.
- Braves SP Brandon Beachy (elbow) threw a 15-pitch bullpen session Sunday.
- Nationals SP Dan Haren (shoulder) threw a bullpen session Sunday.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (back) reported improvement Sunday and thinks he'll be ready to make his scheduled start on Wednesday.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) played a full nine innings in his rehab game with Double-A Harrisburg on Saturday.
- SP Henderson Alvarez's (shoulder) next start will come with the Marlins.
- Giants RP Chad Gaudin (elbow) is on track to be activated from the disabled list to start on Saturday against the Dodgers.
- Pirates RP Kyle McPherson has been shut down after experiencing lingering pain in his right elbow/forearm in his most recent bullpen session.
- Pirates SP James McDonald will receive a second opinion this week from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder.
- Pirates SP A.J. Burnett (calf) will throw a simulated game on Tuesday.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki (rib) took light swings off a batting tee on Saturday.
- Rockies manager Walt Weiss said the team will make a decision by Tuesday whether or not to place OF Dexter Fowler (wrist) on the disabled list.
- Brewers OF Ryan Braun (hand) will swing a bat on Tuesday.
- Braves OF Jordan Schafer (ankle) is likely to be held out until Tuesday.
- Braves SP Brandon Beachy (elbow) threw a light bullpen session on Saturday.
- Giants 1B Brett Pill was removed from Saturday's game with Triple-A Fresno due to a hamstring strain.
- Giants RP Santiago Casilla (knee) made his first rehab appearance Sunday with High-A San Jose.
- Phillies SP Kyle Kendrick left Sunday's game due to a mild concussion.
- Reds C Ryan Hanigan (ankle) could return to the Reds' lineup Monday.
- Athletics manager Bob Melvin said the team will know more about SP Jarrod Parker's (hamstring) status after he throws a bullpen session Tuesday.
- Mariners 2B Dustin Ackley (thumb) is hoping to return to the lineup on Tuesday.
- Angels OF Mike Trout is dealing with a minor hamstring issue.
- Red Sox manager John Farrell said Sunday that there's "no projected time right now" for SS Stephen Drew's (hamstring) return to the lineup.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando (shoulder) will throw a 50-pitch bullpen session on Sunday.
- Rangers OF Jeff Baker (thumb) said Saturday that there is no timetable for his return.
- RP Joakim Soria (elbow) could join the Rangers by their next road trip, which begins on July 8.
- Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie (hand) is expected to be ready to make his scheduled start on Wednesday.
- Indians SP Scott Kazmir (back) won't make his next start until Wednesday.
- Yankees OF Curtis Granderson (finger) has yet to begin swinging a bat.
- Twins SP Mike Pelfrey (back) will begin a rehab assignment with Low-A Cedar Rapids on Monday.
- White Sox 1B Paul Konerko (back) is expected to return to the lineup Tuesday.
- Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen (oblique) allowed four runs on five hits and two walks while striking out five over five innings in a rehab start with Double-A Bowie.
- Blue Jays 1B Adam Lind left Sunday's game in the third inning with mid-back tightness.
- Yankees SP Michael Pineda allowed four runs over three innings Sunday in a rehab appearance with Double-A Trenton.
- Athletics OF Coco Crisp left Sunday's game due to back spasms.
Notes and Rumors:
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now