Probable Pitchers for June 30, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Mets SP Dillon Gee spun six innings of one-run ball, allowing six hits while striking out three.
- Nationals SP Taylor Jordan didn't last long in his first major league start, allowing three runs (one earned) over 4 1/3 innings.
- Mets 2B Daniel Murphy went 3-for-5 with two runs scored.
- Nationals C Kurt Suzuki went 3-for-4 with an RBI single.
- Marlins SP Jacob Turner threw the first complete game of his career.
- Marlins OF Giancarlo Stanton launched a solo home run.
- Padres SP Eric Stults allowed six runs — five earned — over 3 2/3 innings.
- Phillies SP Cliff Lee went 7 innings allowing 3 three while striking out 10 in a no decision.
- Dodgers SP Hyun-Jin Ryu went 7 innings giving up just two runs while striking out six.
- Dodgers RP Kenley Jansen picked up the win but not before blowing his 3rd save of the year.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez hit his 6th homer of the year.
- Phillies 2B Chase Utley blasted two homers in the loss.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista went 2-for-4 with two home runs.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino went 2-for-4 with two RBI.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes went 2-for-5 with two runs scored.
- Red Sox SP Felix Doubront allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings of a no-decision.
- Indians 2B Jason Kipnis went 2-for-3 with a home run.
- Indians SP Ubaldo Jimenez gave up three runs over 5 innings in a no decision.
- White Sox SP Dylan Axelrod allowed three runs and five hits over 6 innings in a no decision.
- Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera hit his 6th homer of the year.
- Indians RP Chris Perez picked up his first save since May 11th.
- Rays SP Chris Archer gave up three earned runs in five innings.
- Tigers SP Justin Verlander was left with a no-decision after allowing three runs — two earned — over eight frames.
- Tigers OF Austin Jackson hit his 4th homer of the year while Rays DH Luke Scott hit his 5th.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney picked up his 3rd win of the year in relief.
- Reds C Devin Mesoraco hit a two-run homer in the top of the 11th inning.
- Reds RP Aroldis Chapman earned his 20th save of the year.
- Reds OF Shin-Soo Choo hit his 12th home run of the season.
- Rangers SP Nick Tepesch surrendered four runs — three earned — in a four-inning start.
- Rangers OF Nelson Cruz finished 2-for-4 with two RBI.
- Phillies SP Carlos Zambrano has been placed on the disabled list at Triple-A Lehigh Valley with right shoulder tightness.
- Reds placed RHP Johnny Cueto on the 15-day disabled list with a right lat injury.
- Reds recalled RHP Logan Ondrusek from Triple-A Louisville.
- Diamondbacks activated RHP J.J. Putz from the 15-day disabled list.
- Diamondbacks optioned RHP Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
- Nationals recalled RHP Erik Davis from Triple-A Syracuse.
- Nationals purchased the contract of RHP Taylor Jordan from Double-A Harrisburg.
- Nationals optioned INF/OF Jeff Kobernus to Triple-A Syracuse
- Reds optioned INF Henry Rodriguez to Triple-A Louisville..
- Dodgers optioned RHP Peter Moylan to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Dodgers purchased the contract of RHP Jose Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Rays recalled INF Ryan Roberts from Triple-A Durham.
- Rays optioned RHP Alex Colome to Triple-A Durham.
- Orioles designated 1B Travis Ishikawa for assignment.
- Orioles recalled RHP Jair Jurrjens from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Indians optioned RHP Carlos Carrasco to Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians optioned RHP Matt Langwell to Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians purchased the contract of RHP Joe Martinez from Triple-A Columbus.
- White Sox recalled RHP Simon Castro from Triple-A Charlotte.
- Red Sox designated RHP Clayton Mortensen for assignment.
- Red Sox purchased the contract of INF Jonathan Diaz from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- White Sox optioned INF Brent Morel to Triple-A Charlotte.
- White Sox optioned RHP Brian Omogrosso to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Royals recalled INF Johnny Giavotella from Triple-A Omaha.
- Royals designated OF Jeff Francoeur for assignment.
- Rockies SP Jorge De La Rosa was removed from Saturday's game in the sixth inning with more hand troubles.
- Reds RP Jonathan Broxton was unable to begin a throwing program on due to lingering elbow issues.
- Reds RP Sean Marshall (shoulder) threw a bullpen session Saturday.
- Pirates SP Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) experienced soreness in his left forearm after throwing a bullpen session.
- Chad Gaudin (elbow) will throw a bullpen session Saturday.
- Giants RP Santiago Casilla (knee) will begin a rehab assignment Sunday with High-A San Jose.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler is questionable for his next start due to lower back stiffness.
- Mets SP Jon Niese (shoulder) will undergo a follow-up MRI on Thursday.
- Padres SS Everth Cabrera (hamstring) is tentatively scheduled to begin a rehab assignment with Class-A Fort Wayne on Tuesday.
- Marlins outfielder Alfredo Silverio underwent his second Tommy John surgery on his right elbow on Wednesday and will miss the remainder of the 2013 season.
- Cubs OF Ryan Sweeney left Saturday's game against the Mariners with rib soreness.
- Dodgers SP Josh Beckett (arm) will undergo surgery to relieve pressure on the nerves in his neck and shoulder area and will miss the remainder of the 2013 season.
- Rockies SP Jorge De La Rosa left Saturday's game against the Giants after aggravating his bruised left thumb.
- Athletics SP Jarrod Parker was pulled from Saturday's game against the Cardinals with a right hamstring cramp.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos was lifted from Saturday's game against the Astros after taking a pitch off his right wrist.
- Rays RP Brandon Gomes has experienced a setback in his recovery from a right latissimus muscle strain.
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria (foot) expects to avoid the disabled list.
- Mariners OF Michael Saunders got spiked on his middle finger and will be out for the next few days.
- Orioles 2B Brian Roberts (hamstring) will be activated from the disabled list Sunday.
- Rangers prospect C Jorge Alfaro suffered a broken left hand in Friday's game with Class A Hickory.
- X-rays on Mariners 2B Dustin Ackley's left thumb came back negative.
Notes and Rumors: