Probable Pitchers for June 25, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Phillies SP Cliff Lee allowed two runs over eight innings, but was stuck with a tough-luck no-decision.
- Padres SP Eric Stults turned in another solid outing going 7 innings allowing just 2 runs in a no decision.
- Padres 1B Kyle Blanks went 4-5 with a run scored and 3 RBI's, including the game winner in the 10th inning.
- Padres got 2 hits each from Carlos Quentin and Chase Headley.
- Phillies 2B Chase Utley hit his 8th homer of the year.
- Phillies C Carlos Ruiz collected 3 hits and an RBI.
- Phillies OF John Mayberry went 3-4 with 2 runs scored and 2 stolen bases.
- Phillies RP Jonathan Papelbon blew his 4th save of the year.
- Giants SP Madison Bumgarner went seven innings, allowing two runs and taking the loss.
- Dodgers SP Hyun-Jin Ryu went 6.2 innings allowing just 1 run.
- Dodgers RP Kenley Jansen notched his 5th save of the year.
- Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig went 3-for-4 with a homer and 2 RBI's.
- Giants got 2 hits each from Pablo Sandoval and Hunter Pence.
- Rays SP Jeremy Hellickson allowed just one hit over seven scoreless innings Monday to end the Blue Jays' 11-game winning streak.
- Blue Jays RP Esmil Rogers gave up four runs and three homers in six innings.
- Rays OF Wil Myers went 2-for-4 and hit a homer.
- Rays SS Yunel Escobar went hitless in a third straight game.
- Blue Jays SS Munenori Kawasaki went 0-for-2 before being removed for a pinch-hitter.
- Indians OF Michael Brantley had a two-run homer and a two-run single.
- Indians SP Ubaldo Jimenez surrendered two runs over 5 1/3 innings.
- Indians RP Vinnie Pestano pitched a scoreless ninth for his fourth save.
- Orioles SP Zach Britton yielded three runs in five-plus innings.
- Orioles OF Nick Markakis went 2-for-4 and hit his eighth homer.
- Orioles C Matt Wieters homered after entering the game in a 4-for-37 slump.
- Padres recalled LHP Tom Layne from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres optioned RHP Miles Mikolas to Triple-A Tucson.
- Rockies sent RHP Logan Kensing outright to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Mets signed RHP Giancarlo Alvarado to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Phillies sent INF/OF Michael Martinez outright to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Rockies released RHP Brett Jacobson.
- Giants activated 3B Pablo Sandoval from the 15-day disabled list.
- Giants recalled RHP George Kontos from Triple-A Fresno.
- Giants optioned RHP Jean Machi to Triple-A Fresno.
- Giants recalled LHP Mike Kickham from Triple-A Fresno.
- Giants placed RHP Chad Gaudin on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 21, with a right elbow contusion.
- Twins have promoted top prospect OF Byron Buxton to High-A Fort Myers.
- Yankees SS Reid Brignac has cleared waivers.
- Astros designated LHP Wade LeBlanc for assignment.
- Astros optioned INF Marwin Gonzalez to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Indians recalled LHP T.J. House from Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians optioned RHP Carlos Carrasco to Triple-A Columbus.
- Orioles recalled RHP Kevin Gausman from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles optioned RHP Freddy Garcia to Triple-A Norfolk.
- White Sox released LHP Daniel Moskos.
- Pirates SP Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) allowed one run over four innings Sunday in a rehab start at Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) will begin a rehab assignment at High-A Potomac on Tuesday.
- Nationals OF Jayson Werth (groin) is hoping to return to the Nationals' starting lineup on Tuesday night.
- Cardinals outfield prospect Oscar Taveras is experiencing lingering soreness in his right ankle.
- Diamondbacks RP J.J. Putz (elbow) is scheduled to make back-to-back appearances on Monday and Tuesday at Triple-A Reno.
- Giants 3B Joaquin Arias has been diagnosed with a left hamstring strain.
- Dodgers OF Scott Van Slyke (shoulder) will be re-evaluated by doctors on Tuesday.
- The Padres are hoping 1B Yonder Alonso (hand) can start baseball activities by next week.
- Phillies SP Roy Halladay (shoulder) played catch on Monday.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a tendon in his right hamstring.
- Phillies RP Mike Adams could require surgery to repair a labrum issue.
- Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko (groin) will play a couple rehab games with High-A Lake Elsinore before being activated from the disabled list this weekend if all goes well.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) will make another rehab appearance Tuesday with Class A Mahoning Valley.
- Indians manager Terry Francona said Monday that SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) is doing "extremely well" and will likely be activated soon.
- Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow (forearm) has yet to resume throwing.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes (ankle) will play one more rehab game with Triple-A Buffalo on Monday night before joining Double-A New Hampshire.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Monday that 3B Brett Lawrie (ankle) is likely a couple of weeks away from beginning a minor league rehab assignment.
- Blue Jays RP Sergio Santos (elbow) is scheduled to throw a side session Tuesday.
- Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Monday that 2B Brian Roberts (hamstring) will play at least three minor league rehab games.
- Orioles DH Nolan Reimold (hamstring) will remain on his rehab assignment with Double-A Bowie.
- Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen (oblique) threw a four-inning simulated game Monday in Sarasota, Florida.
- Rangers RP Joakim Soria (elbow, pectoral) will continue his minor league rehab assignment Wednesday with the Rangers' Arizona League affiliate.
- Rays SP Alex Cobb (concussion) told reporters Monday that he's not sure when he might be ready for activation.
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman said Monday that 1B Mark Teixeira is still experiencing pain in his right wrist.
- Orioles 2B Brian Roberts (hamstring) told reporters Sunday that he doesn't want to be at Triple-A Norfolk for long.
- X-rays taken Sunday evening on Angels OF Peter Bourjos' injured left thumb showed no significant damage.
- Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez (hip) is expected to embark on a minor league rehab assignment on Monday, July 1.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes (ankle) will be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
- Orioles SP Dylan Bundy will have his right forearm/elbow examined after having a setback on Monday while throwing from 120 feet.
- Orioles DH Steve Pearce has been given a cortisone shot in his left wrist.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino (back) will not need a stint on the disabled list.
Notes and Rumors:
- Reds and supplemental first-rounder Michael Lorenzen agreed on a $1.5 million bonus on June 21.
- Jon Heyman of CBS Sports hears that the Phillies are more likely to trade infielders Chase Utley and Michael Young than pitchers Cliff Lee and Jonathan Papelbon.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News was told that the Marlins are "being very aggressive" in shopping their available pitchers, namely starter Ricky Nolasco.
- Mets SP Zack Wheeler has arrived in Chicago in advance of his start Tuesday night against the White Sox.
- MLB.com's Tom Schad was told that the Nationals are likely to add SP Taylor Jordan to their starting rotation.
- Cardinals SP Michael Wacha will skip at least his next two turns in the starting rotation at Triple-A Memphis.
- Giants SP Mike Kickham is expected to make a spot start on Tuesday against the Dodgers in place of the injured Chad Gaudin (elbow).
- Angels and second-round draft pick Hunter Green agreed to terms on $942,000 bonus on June 22.
- Mariners and second-rounder Austin Wilson reached an agreement on a $1.7 million bonus on June 21.
- Indians SP Trevor Bauer is lined up to start one half of the Indians' doubleheader on Friday against the White Sox.
- Yankees SP Phil Hughes will start Thursday instead of Tuesday.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now