Probable Pitchers for June 24, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Dodgers RP Kenley Jansen picked up his fourth save.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez went 1-for-4 with a home run.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano threw five scoreless innings while allowing four hits and striking out five.
- Padres RP Huston Street allowed two runs in a non-save situation and was charged with the loss.
- Padres SP Andrew Cashner allowed just one run on five hits over eight innings in a no-decision.
- Mariners OF Raul Ibanez went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Mariners DH Kendrys Morales hit a walkoff three-run homer in the 10th inning.
- Mariners SP Jeremy Bonderman allowed just two runs on six hits over 5 1/3 innings in a no-decision.
- Athletics SP Jarrod Parker gave up three runs on five hits over seven innings in his start.
- Blue Jays SP Josh Johnson won his first game, allowing four runs over six frames.
- Orioles SP Freddy Garcia was rocked for seven runs on seven hits and two walks over just 2 1/3 innings.
- Blue Jays 1B Edwin Encarnacion went 3-for-5 with a home run and four RBI.
- Orioles 2B Ryan Flaherty went 2-for-4 with a pair of homers and three RBI.
- Blue Jays OF Melky Cabrera went 1-for-3 with two RBI and a run scored.
- Royals RP Greg Holland collected his 16th save of the year.
- White Sox 1B Adam Dunn hit his 20th home run of the season.
- Royals SP James Shields went 5 innings allowing 4 runs and 7 hits in a no decision.
- White Sox SP Dylan Axelrod was smacked around giving up 4 runs and 10 hits over just 4.2 innings.
- Royals got homers from C George Kottaras and OF Jarrod Dyson.
- Phillies recalled RHP Phillippe Aumont from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Phillies placed RHP Michael Stutes on the 15-day disabled list with right bicep tendinitis.
- Padres recalled RHP Miles Mikolas from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres recalled RHP Brad Brach from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres optioned RHP Brad Boxberger to Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres optioned RHP Anthony Bass to Triple-A Tucson.
- Rockies sent RHP Chris Volstad outright to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Giants optioned INF Nick Noonan to Triple-A Fresno.
- Diamondbacks optioned LHP Joe Paterson to Triple-A Reno.
- Twins recalled RHP Kyle Gibson from Triple-A Rochester.
- Twins optioned LHP Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester.
- Royals designated OF Quintin Berry for assignment.
- Royals claimed RHP Maikel Cleto off waivers from the Cardinals.
- Rangers recalled OF Engel Beltre from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Rangers placed OF Craig Gentry on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 21, with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand.
- Yankees recalled RHP Ivan Nova from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Yankees optioned OF Thomas Neal to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Twins recalled LHP Pedro Hernandez from Triple-A Rochester.
- Twins placed RHP Mike Pelfrey on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 19, with a back strain.
- Angels signed RHP Daniel Stange to a minor league contract.
- The Astros have promoted OF George Springer to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Athletics optioned RHP Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento.
- Brewers OF Carlos Gomez has been diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain and is considered to be day-to-day.
- Nationals SP Dan Haren has been diagnosed with shoulder stiffness.
- Nationals OF Jayson Werth left Sunday's game with a groin injury.
- Pirates SP Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) is beginning a rehab assignment with Triple-A Indianapolis Sunday.
- Cubs OF David DeJesus has begun doing rehab work on his ailing right shoulder.
- Braves SP Brandon Beachy (elbow) will throw a bullpen session before the end of the Braves' road trip that ends Wednesday.
- Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill (hand) will be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday.
- Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras left Sunday's game at Triple-A Memphis with an apparent injury.
- Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval (foot) will be activated from the disabled list Monday.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez left Sunday's game with leg cramps.
- Indians manager Terry Francona confirmed Sunday that SP Brett Myers (elbow) will be converted to a reliever when he returns from the disabled list.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos left Sunday's game against the Pirates with a left thumb injury.
- Angels manager Mike Scioscia admitted Sunday that RP Ryan Madson (elbow) could be shut down for the season.
- Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos said SS Jose Reyes (ankle) will be activated from the disabled list Thursday.
- Twins OF Aaron Hicks (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Rochester Monday.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) believes he's ready to be activated from the disabled list following a successful simulated game Sunday.
- Rangers OF Jeff Baker (thumb) remains unable to perform baseball activities.
- Red Sox RP Franklin Morales will undergo an MRI on his left shoulder and pectoral on Monday.
- White Sox SP Jake Peavy (rib) is hoping to resume running and throwing this week.
- Orioles DH Nolan Reimold (hamstring) could remain on his rehab assignment a bit longer.
- Twins SP Nick Blackburn (arm) will throw in a simulated game Monday.
- Indians 1B Nick Swisher (shoulder) will return to the lineup on Sunday or Monday.
- Orioles SP Dylan Bundy (elbow) threw two sessions of 25 throws from 120 feet on Friday.
- Orioles DH Steve Pearce has been receiving treatment on both wrists for the past month.
- Athletics C John Jaso (hand) is expected to be sidelined until Tuesday.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando (shoulder) threw a 25-pitch bullpen Sunday.
- Rangers RP Joakim Soria (elbow, pectoral) made his second rehab appearance Sunday with Double-A Frisco.
- Tigers C Alex Avila (forearm) went 0-for-3 with a walk in his first rehab game Sunday with Triple-A Toledo.
Notes and Rumors:
- Red Sox SP Allen Webster is currently scheduled to start on Saturday against the Blue Jays.