Probable Pitchers for June 23, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Dodgers SP Zack Greinke allowed one run over eight innings while striking out eight.
- Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez went 1-for-4 with his ninth homer of the season.
- Padres SP Edinson Volquez allowed five runs — two earned — in 5 2/3 innings.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez hit his third home run of the season.
- Reds RP Aroldis Chapman blew his third save of the season.
- Diamondbacks RP Heath Bell blew his third save of the season Saturday against the Reds.
- Diamondbacks SP Patrick Corbin allowed one run over eight innings in a no-decision.
- Reds SP Mike Leake allowed just two runs over eight innings.
- Reds OF Jay Bruce homered twice.
- Mariners 2B Nick Franklin went 3-for-5 with a double and three RBI.
- Mariners OF Raul Ibanez went 2-for-5 with a homer and three RBI.
- Mariners SP Aaron Harang surrendered three runs on six hits over five innings as part of a no-decision victory.
- Athletics SP Dan Straily struggled, allowing two runs on six hits and three walks over just 3 1/3 innings.
- Yankees OF Vernon Wells delivered a pinch-hit, three-run double.
- Yankees SP CC Sabathia was touched up for five runs over seven innings.
- Rays SP Alex Colome surrendered three unearned runs over 4 1/3 innings in a no-decision.
- Rays OF Wil Myers connected for a grand slam against CC Sabathia for his first major league home run.
- Indians 2B Jason Kipnis went 3-for-4 and was a home run shy of the cycle.
- Indians RP Vinnie Pestano allowed two runs but picked up his third save of the season.
- Indians OF Michael Bourn went 3-for-4 with three RBI.
- Twins OF Chris Parmelee went 3-for-5 with two home runs.
- Indians SP Corey Kluber allowed three runs in 5 2/3 innings but got the win.
- Twins SP P.J. Walters lasted just 1/3 of an inning, surrendering six runs in a loss.
- Pirates 3B Pedro Alvarez went 2-for-4 with a solo homer and a double.
- Pirates 1B Gaby Sanchez launched a solo homer and collected a double.
- Pirates SP Francisco Liriano hurled six innings of one-run ball in earning his sixth win.
- Angels RP Jerome Williams surrendered five runs — four earned — on eight hits and two walks over six innings.
- Cardinals recalled RHP Michael Blazek from Triple-A Memphis.
- Cardinals optioned LHP Tyler Lyons to Triple-A Memphis.
- Mets prospect SP Noah Syndergaard has been promoted to Double-A Binghamton.
- Phillies purchased the contract of RHP J.C. Ramirez from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Phillies designated INF/OF Michael Martinez for assignment.
- Phillies placed RHP Mike Adams on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 20, with biceps tendinitis.
- The Cubs reinstated third baseman Ian Stewart from his 10-day suspension
- Cubs Triple-A Iowa outfielder Brett Jackson was placed on the 7-day disabled list with a right calf strain.
- Dodgers released C Ramon Hernandez.
- Padres recalled RHP Brad Boxberger from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres recalled RHP Anthony Bass from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres optioned OF Jaff Decker to Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres placed LHP Clayton Richard on the 15-day disabled list with a left shoulder injury.
- Rockies acquired LHP Hisanori Takahashi from the Cubs for a player to be named later; assigned him to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Mets recalled 1B Zach Lutz from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Mets placed OF Lucas Duda on the 15-day disabled list with a left intercostal strain.
- Royals optioned 2B Chris Getz to Triple-A Omaha.
- The White Sox have promoted SP Erik Johnson to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Rays recalled RHP Alex Colome from Triple-A Durham.
- Royals activated OF Jarrod Dyson from the 15-day disabled list.
- Mariners designated OF Eric Thames for assignment.
- Mariners placed OF Michael Morse on the 15-day disabled list.
- Mariners activated OF Franklin Gutierrez from the 60-day disabled list.
- Rangers recalled LHP Martin Perez from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Rangers optioned LHP Joseph Ortiz to Triple-A Round Rock.
- Red Sox recalled RHP Allen Webster from Triple-A Pawtucket .
- Red Sox optioned RHP Pedro Beato to Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Mets RP Tim Byrdak (shoulder) made his first rehab appearance.
- Rockies prospect SP Tyler Anderson hasn't pitched since May 17 due to left shoulder soreness.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) won't begin a rehab assignment until Wednesday at the earliest.
- Giants RP Chad Gaudin (elbow) wasn't able to play catch on Saturday and may be doubtful for his next start.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed surgery is "no question" an option for OF Angel Pagan (hamstring) after he was carted off the field in his first rehab appearance Thursday with High-A San Jose.
- Cubs 3B Steve Clevenger (oblique) has some tightness in his left side and will require more rehab games.
- Reds RP Nick Masset (shoulder) threw a bullpen session on Saturday afternoon at Arizona's Chase Field.
- Rockies RP Rafael Betancourt (groin) could return from the disabled list Thursday.
- Brewers SP Marco Estrada (hamstring) has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment Sunday with Low-A Wisconsin
- Rays RP Brandon Gomes (lat) is expected to begin a rehab assignment Monday.
- Angels OF Josh Hamilton had a brace on his right wrist after Friday's game.
- Yankees OF Curtis Granderson (finger) is expected to resume baseball activities next week.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando is scheduled to test his injured right shoulder Sunday with a bullpen session.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (trapezius) will not return Tuesday.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) will make his second rehab start on Wednesday with High-A Charlotte.
- Tigers C Alex Avila (forearm) is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment Sunday at Triple-A Toledo.
- Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez (hip) went 1-for 3 with two walks in a simulated game Friday.
- Orioles RP Steve Johnson (oblique) made 25 throws from a distance of 60 feet on Saturday.
- Blue Jays SP Kyle Drabek (elbow) will make his first rehab start Saturday with High-A Dunedin.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes (ankle) went 2-for-4 with a stolen base and two runs scored in a rehab game at Triple-A Buffalo on Saturday.
Notes and Rumors:
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano will start Sunday against the Padres.