Probable Pitchers for June 20, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips hit a walk-off single in the 13th inning.
- Pirates RP Jason Grilli blew his first save of the year, giving up a game-tying home run to Jay Bruce in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- Pirates SP Jeff Locke threw seven scoreless innings but was denied a win.
- Reds SP Bronson Arroyo allowed just one unearned run in seven innings of a no-decision.
- Nationals SP Gio Gonzalez struck out 11 and permitted just two runs and two hits over seven innings.
- Phillies SP Kyle Kendrick deserved a win but was dealt a no-decision, as he allowed one run on just two hits and a walk over 7 2/3 innings.
- Phillies RP Jonathan Papelbon blew his second save of the season, allowing a run on two hits and a walk in a loss.
- Nationals SS Ian Desmond hit an 1th-inning grand slam.
- Diamondbaclks RP Heath Bell gave up a homer in a fourth straight appearance, yet he still picked up his 13th save against the Marlins.
- Marlins SP Jose Fernandez was a hard-luck loser after being charged with two runs in 7 1/3 innings.
- Marlins OFJustin Ruggiano went 2-for-4 and homered.
- Diamondbacks OF Cody Ross delivered a pinch-hit three-run homer off Mike Dunn in the bottom of the eighth.
- Diamondbacks RP Josh Collmenter allowed just one hit over six scoreless innings and struck out seven in relief of an injured Trevor Cahill.
- Orioles 1B Chris Davis crushed his 25th and 26th home runs.
- Tigers SP Rick Porcello was tagged for six runs in six innings.
- Tigers RP Jose Valverde gave up four runs and five hits in the ninth.
- Orioles OF Nate McLouth went 3-for-5 with two doubles, a steal and two runs scored.
- Tigers 1B Prince Fielder went 0-for-4 and is without a homer since June 4.
- Twins 1B Justin Morneau finally hit his third home run of the year.
- White Sox SP Chris Sale allowed four earned runs over five innings.
- Blue Jays 1B Adam Lind hit a three-run homer.
- Rockies 2B Josh Rutledge went 0-for-4, dropping his average to .045 in the five games since being recalled on June 14.
- Blue Jays SP Mark Buehrle allowed two runs over five innings while allowing right hits, but still picked up the win.
- Rockies SP Juan Nicasio allowed four runs — two earned — in five innings in a loss to the Blue Jays on Wednesday.
- Brewers 2B Rickie Weeks hit a game-winning two-run homer in the eighth inning.
- Brewers RP Francisco Rodriguez earned his fifth save of the season, number 299 of his career.
- Astros 2B Jose Altuve went 3-for-4 with three stolen bases.
- Brewers SP Kyle Lohse allowed one run over six innings in a no-decision.
- Astros SP Erik Bedard allowed just one run over 7 1/3 innings but was forced to take a no-decision.
- Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres have requested release waivers on OF James Darnell.
- The Pirates have promoted prospect first baseman Stetson Allie to High-A Bradenton.
- Brewers recalled OF Josh Prince from Triple-A Nashville.
- Brewers placed OF Norichika Aoki on the paternity leave list.
- Padres recalled OF Jaff Decker from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres placed SS Everth Cabrera on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 17, with a mild left hamstring strain.
- The Phillies have promoted prospect third baseman Maikel Franco to Double-A Reading.
- Nationals activated 2B Danny Espinosa from the 15-day disabled list; optioned him to Triple-A Syracuse.
- Mets placed RHP Scott Atchison on the 15-day disabled list with a right groin strain.
- Dodgers activated LHP Chris Capuano from the 15-day disabled list.
- Dodgers optioned OF Alex Castellanos to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- The Rockies will option SP Jeff Francis to Triple-A Colorado Springs prior to Thursday's game.
- Braves pitching prospect Sean Gilmartin has been placed on Triple-A Gwinnett's disabled list due to shoulder tendinitis.
- Tigers optioned OF Avisail Garcia to Triple-A Toledo.
- Giants RP Santiago Casilla (knee) will throw a bullpen session Thursday.
- Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval (foot) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Saturday with High-A San Jose.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan (hamstring) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with High-A San Jose.
- Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said on 106.7 The Fan on Wednesday that OF Bryce Harper (knee) will resume baseball activities in "the next day or two."
- Phillies 2B Chase Utley (oblique) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Wednesday with Double-A Reading.
- Nationals 2B Danny Espinosa (wrist) could stay in the minors once his 20-day rehab window expires.
- Brewers SP Hiram Burgos (shoulder) allowed two runs in four innings for High-A Brevard County on Tuesday in his second minor league rehab start.
- Giants SP Ryan Vogelsong had all five pins removed from his surgically-repaired right hand on Tuesday.
- Mets SS Ruben Tejada (quad) remains unable to do any lateral movements.
- Cubs manager Dale Sveum said Wednesday that he expects OF David DeJesus (shoulder) to miss about a month.
- Reds RP Sean Marshall (shoulder) is long-tossing at 120 feet.
- Reds RP Jonathan Broxton (elbow) is expected to resume throwing at some point this weekend.
- Diamondbacks SP Trevor Cahill (hip) is expected to be ready for his next start.
- Diamondbacks 3B Eric Chavez (oblique) could begin a rehab assignment as soon as next week.
- Nationals 3B Chad Tracy is dealing with a strain in his midsection.
- Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said SP A.J. Burnett (calf) "has been nowhere near a mound" since being placed on the disabled list.
- Pirates SP Jeanmar Gomez (forearm) struck out four over five hitless innings in a rehab start for Triple-A Indianapolis Wednesday.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes (ankle) went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a stolen base Wednesday in his latest rehab game with High-A Dunedin.
- Orioles manager Buck Showalter said that DH Nolan Reimold (hamstring) felt good after his first rehab game with Double-A Bowie on Tuesday.
- Orioles 2B Brian Roberts (knee, hamstring) began doing sprints Tuesday.
- Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) will take batting practice Friday for the first time since hitting the DL.
- Yankees SS Derek Jeter (ankle) took batting practice Wednesday for the first time since his second ankle fracture.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) is scheduled to make his first rehab start on Friday with High-A Charlotte.
- Indians 1B Nick Swisher (shoulder) is expected to return to the Indians' starting lineup this Saturday.
- Red Sox C David Ross will visit concussion specialist Dr. Mickey Collins on Thursday in Pittsburgh.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) will not be activated from the disabled list this Friday.
- Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie (ankle) took grounders and some light batting practice on Wednesday afternoon.
- An MRI taken Wednesday on Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow's troublesome right forearm showed no major damage.
- White Sox OF Dewayne Wise's (hamstring) return is being delayed by a rib injury.
- Twins OF Wilkin Ramirez (concussion) will begin a rehab assignment with High-A Fort Myers on Thursday.
Notes and Rumors:
- Twins agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Kohl Stewart.
- Red Sox agreed to terms with first-round pick LHP Trey Ball.
- Astros first-round pick Mark Appel is expected to make several minor league starts this season.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now