Probable Pitchers for June 19, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Pirates OF Starling Marte went 2-for-5 with a triple and a run scored.
- Pirates C Russell Martin scored a run, notched an RBI and stole a base.
- Reds SP Mat Latos took his first loss of the season, allowing three runs in five innings.
- Pirates SP Charlie Morton threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings for his first win of the season.
- Cubs SP Jeff Samardzija allowed two runs over 8 1/3 innings.
- Cubs RP Kevin Gregg nailed down his 10th save of the season.
- Cardinals SP Adam Wainwright was undone by a poor first inning, allowing all four of his runs.
- Cubs OF Ryan Sweeney doubled and ripped a two-run homer.
- Cardinals OF Carlos Beltran doubled and belted a solo homer.
- Mets SP Matt Harvey took a no-hitter into the seventh before giving up three runs in seven-plus innings.
- Mets RP Bobby Parnell picked up a four-out save in the first game of the doubleheader.
- Braves RP Alex Wood came out of his spot start after allowing one run in three innings.
- Mets C John Buck hit his first homer since May 24th and just his second since May 3rd.
- Indians RP Vinnie Pestano got through a tumultuous ninth inning to pick up his second save of the season.
- Indians SS Mike Aviles went 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Royals RP Kelvin Herrera took the loss, allowing three runs in just 1/3 of an inning.
- Royals SP Ervin Santana allowed just one run over seven innings but didn't get the win, settling for a no-decision.
- Indians SP Ubaldo Jimenez allowed two runs over 5 2/3 innings in a no-decision.
- Mariners RP Yoervis Medina pitched a perfect bottom of the 10th in a 3-2 game to earn the save.
- Despite striking out no one, Mariners SP Jeremy Bonderman gave up just one run over six innings.
- Mariners RP Tom Wilhelmsen gave up a game-tying homer to the first batter he faced after being brought into a one-run game in the eighth.
- After having his last start skipped, Angels SP Joe Blanton allowed two runs in 6 2/3 innings and struck out 11.
- Angels OF Josh Hamilton had his worst game so far, grounding into three double plays and striking out twice.
- Red Sox OF Jacoby Ellsbury went 3-for-5 with a triple, a double and three runs scored.
- Red Sox SP Alfredo Aceves pitched five innings of one-run ball for a victory.
- Rays SP Chris Archer surrendered four runs — three earned — in 4 2/3 innings.
- Rays OF Wil Myers went 0-for-4 with a strikeout in his major league debut.
- Red Sox SP Felix Doubront fired eight scoreless innings giving up three hits while striking out six.
- Red Sox OF Jonny Gomes hit a walkoff two-run homer.
- Rays SP Jake Odorizzi yielded just one earned run over 5 2/3 innings allowing only five hits.
- Phillies optioned C Steven Lerud to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Phillies activated C Carlos Ruiz from the 15-day disabled list.
- Mets recalled RHP Zack Wheeler from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Braves recalled RHP Cory Rasmus from Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Mets placed INF Justin Turner on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 17, with an intercostal strain.
- Mets activated RHP Scott Atchison from the 15-day disabled list.
- Braves recalled INF Tyler Pastornicky from Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Braves placed C Evan Gattis on the 15-day disabled list with a strained oblique.
- Marlins optioned LHP Edgar Olmos to Double-A Jacksonville.
- Pirates re-signed RHP Jose Contreras to a minor league contract.
- Giants released RHP Ramon Ramirez.
- Diamondbacks recalled RHP Randall Delgado from Triple-A Reno.
- Diamondbacks optioned RHP Charles Brewer to Triple-A Reno.
- Mets recalled OF Andrew Brown from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Rockies acquired RHP Collin McHugh from the Mets in exchange for OF Eric Young.
- Pirates sent LHP Mike Zagurski outright to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Mets optioned RHP Zack Wheeler to Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Padres signed OF Ben Francisco to a minor league contract, assigned him to Triple-A Tucson.
- Indians recalled 3B Lonnie Chisenhall from Triple-A Columbus.
- Rays recalled RHP Jake Odorizzi from Triple-A Durham.
- Red Sox recalled RHP Alfredo Aceves from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Astros activated OF Justin Maxwell from the 15-day disabled list.
- Astros optioned OF Jimmy Paredes to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Mariners activated 1B Justin Smoak from the 15-day disabled list.
- Mariners optioned INF Alex Liddi to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Rangers recalled C Robinson Chirinos from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Rangers recalled LHP Joseph Ortiz from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Rangers optioned 1B Chris McGuiness to Triple-A Round Rock.
- Rangers placed OF Jeff Baker on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained right thumb.
- Orioles purchased the contract of 1B Travis Ishikawa from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles placed RHP Miguel Gonzalez on the paternity leave list.
- Orioles recalled LHP Zach Britton from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles designated INF/OF Yamaico Navarro for assignment.
- Yankees designated RHP Chris Bootcheck for assignment.
- Yankees recalled OF Zoilo Almonte from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Yankees recalled RHP Adam Warren from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Yankees placed 1B Mark Teixeira on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 16, with right wrist inflammation.
- Red Sox optioned RHP Alfredo Aceves to Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Rays optioned RHP Jake Odorizzi to Triple-A Durham.
- Astros acquired RHP Charles Basford from the Yankees in exchanged for OF Fernando Martinez.
- Red Sox recalled C Ryan Lavarnway from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Red Sox recalled RHP Alex Wilson from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Red Sox placed C David Ross on the 7-day disabled list with a concussion.
- Red Sox placed RHP Clay Buchholz on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 9, with a strained neck.
- Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said on SiriusXM's MLB Network Radio on Tuesday that OF Matt Kemp (hamstring) is currently running at "75 percent without pain."
- Reds OF Chris Heisey (hamstring) resumed a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville and went 2-for-4 with two singles and a run scored.
- Cardinals SP Shelby Miller reported feeling fine Tuesday after leaving Monday's start with a right leg cramp.
- Braves RP Alex Wood left his start Tuesday against the Mets because of a split callous on his left index finger.
- Rockies RP Rafael Betancourt (groin) threw a 35-pitch bullpen session on Tuesday and reported feeling fine.
- Yankees 3B Kevin Youkilis has a herniated disc in his back and will undergo surgery to repair it on Thursday.
- Giants SS Brandon Crawford left Tuesday's game against the Padres with sprains of his index and middle fingers on his right hand.
- Mets RP Scott Atchison (groin) is likely to be placed on the disabled list.
- Brewers SP Marco Estrada (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment at Low-A Wisconsin on Thursday.
- The Rockies are hoping that SP Jorge De La Rosa (finger) will be ready to make his next scheduled start on Sunday.
- Diamondbacks RP J.J. Putz (elbow) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Reno on Thursday.
- Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko (groin) took grounders on the field prior to Tuesday's game.
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (wrist) will be placed on the disabled list.
- Rays manager Joe Maddon spoke to SP Alex Cobb (concussion), who said there's no timetable for his return.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes (ankle) went 2-for-3 with two singles and two runs scored in his first rehab games with High-A Dunedin.
- Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow (forearm) suffered a physical setback Monday in his rehab start at High-A Dunedin.
- Twins OF Aaron Hicks (hamstring) will need a rehab assignment before being activated from the disabled list.
- Rangers RP Joakim Soria (elbow, pectoral) will begin a rehab assignment on Thursday with Double-A Frisco.
- Blue Jays SP J.A. Happ (head) threw a bullpen session Tuesday.
- Blue Jays RP Luis Perez has shut down his rehab due to lingering issues with his surgically-repaired elbow.
- Royals SP Felipe Paulino (elbow) has been recalled from his rehab assignment due to lower back stiffness.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) said he felt "great" during a bullpen session Tuesday.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) allowed three homers and five runs in an inning of work in his second rehab appearance with Double-A Akron.
Notes and Rumors:
- Giants agreed to terms with first-round pick SS Christian Arroyo.
- Diamondbacks agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Braden Shipley.
- Phillies agreed to terms with first-round pick SS J.P. Crawford.
- SP Roy Oswalt is officially scheduled to make his Rockies debut Thursday in D.C. against the Nationals.
- OF Donovan Tate has reported to the Padres' spring training complex in Arizona.
- Mets agreed to terms with first-round pick 1B Dominic Smith.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now