Probable Pitchers for June 16, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Dodgers RP Brandon League pitched a scoreless 11th inning to collect his 14th save of the season.
- Dodgers RP Kenley Jansen blew his second save of the season.
- Dodgers SP Clayton Kershaw allowed one run over seven innings in a no-decision.
- Pirates SP Brandon Cumpton allowed three earned runs over five innings.
- Diamondbacks SP Wade Miley was tagged for six runs — only one earned — over six innings.
- Padres SP Jason Marquis won his 8th consecutive start firing 6.2 innings of 3 run ball.
- Padres C Yasmani Grandal finally hit his 1st homer of the year. The homer was a moonshot traveling 442 feet.
- Padres 1B Kyle Blanks continued to smash the ball collecting two more hits including a laser homerun, his 7th of the year.
- Cardinals OF Carlos Beltran went 3-for-6 with two home runs.
- Cardinals 3B David Freese went 3-for-4 with a home run and three runs scored.
- Marlins 3B Ed Lucas went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored.
- Cardinals SP Lance Lynn allowed seven runs in five innings but stuck around long enough to get his ninth win.
- Marlins SP Tom Koehler allowed nine runs in 4 2/3 innings.
- Braves 1B Freddie Freeman delivered a bases-loaded, walk-off single to complete a ninth-inning comeback.
- Giants RP Sergio Romo blew his third save of the season, allowing two runs in a loss.
- Braves OF B.J. Upton went 2-for-4 with two home runs.
- Giants RP Chad Gaudin allowed four runs in five innings and took a no-decision.
- Braves SP Mike Minor allowed five runs — four earned — in six innings.
- Rays DH Luke Scott finished 2-for-3 with a two-run homer.
- Rays SP Alex Cobb was forced to leave his start early after getting hit in the head with the ball. Cobb pitched 4.1 innings allowing just two runs.
- Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie allowed four runs over 7 innings for the loss.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney picked up his 14th save of the year.
- Angels SP Tommy Hanson allowed two runs over 6 1/3 innings and struck out a season-high eight betters.
- Yankees SP David Phelps gave up four earned runs in six innings.
- Angels SS Erick Aybar hit his 2nd homer of the year.
- Angels DH Albert Pujols knocked in a pair giving him 42 RBI's on the year.
- Angels 2B Howie Kendrick was perfect at the plate going 3-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Marlins recalled 1B/OF Jordan Brown from Triple-A New Orleans.
- Marlins placed C Miguel Olivo on the restricted list.
- Reds placed RHP Jonathan Broxton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 14, with a right elbow flexor strain.
- Reds recalled RHP Pedro Villarreal from Triple-A Louisville.
- Pirates purchased the contract of RHP Brandon Cumpton from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Cubs activated RHP Shawn Camp from the 15-day disabled list.
- Cubs placed OF David DeJesus on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain.
- Mets designated RHP Collin McHugh for assignment.
- Mets optioned RHP Greg Burke to Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Dodgers claimed C John Baker off waivers from the Padres; optioned him to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Mets purchased the contract of RHP Carlos Torres from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Mets RP Scott Atchison (elbow) could rejoin the Mets for Tuesday's doubleheader against Atlanta.
- Reds SP Johnny Cueto (lat) will return from the disabled list on Sunday.
- Mets RP Frank Francisco (elbow) has resumed throwing off a mound.
- Nationals RP Christian Garcia (shoulder, forearm) has been shut down from his rehab assignment with Triple-A Syracuse.
- An MRI on Braves SP Brandon Beachy's elbow taken Saturday showed no structural damage.
- Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) has resumed a throwing program.
- Red Sox 1B Mike Napoli (illness) will be sent back to Boston to undergo further tests.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (neck) has been scratched from his start Tuesday against the Rays.
- Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen (oblique) threw a bullpen session on Saturday.
- Orioles 2B Brian Roberts (knee, hamstring) could begin a rehab assignment on June 24.
- Orioles SP Jason Hammel (illness) is questionable for his start Monday against the Tigers.
- Astros manager Bo Porter suggested Friday that OF Justin Maxwell (hand) may not be the starting center fielder when he returns from the disabled list.
- Yankees SS Eduardo Nunez (oblique) has resumed baseball activities.
- Athletics SP Brett Anderson (ankle) is expected to be sidelined until August at the earliest.
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira left Saturday's game against the Angels with an aggravated right wrist.
- Jeremy Hellickson told reporters that Rays SP Alex Cobb was "acting normal" in the hospital on Saturday night.
- Indians RP Chris Perez (shoulder) will throw one inning Sunday in a rehab game with Low-A Lake Country.
Notes and Rumors: