Probable Pitchers for June 13, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
- Padres SP Edinson Volquez bounced back from last week's shelling by the Rockies to allow one run in seven innings while striking out nine.
- Padres RP Luke Gregerson was pulled out of a save opportunity after giving up two singles and a run.
- Padres OF Chris Denorfia hit a two-run homer off Paul Maholm.
- Braves OF Justin Upton had an RBI single and a solo homer.
(27-37) Brewers – 10 at 1 – Marlins (18-46)
- Brewers OF Carlos Gomez went 4-for-5 with two triples and three runs batted in.
- Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy had a bases-loaded triple and drove in four runs total.
- Marlins SP Kevin Slowey allowed six runs — five earned — in five innings.
- Brewers RP Alfredo Figaro pitched seven scoreless innings to earn his first victory of the season.
- Pirates SP Francisco Liriano allowed four runs over six innings but earned his fifth win.
- Giants SP Barry Zito was lit up for eight runs over 4 2/3 innings.
- Pirates OF Starling Marte went 4-for-5 with four runs scored and stole a pair of bases.
- Making his first start in place of the injured Marco Scutaro, Giants 2B Tony Abreu went 3-for-5 with three runs scored in Wednesday's loss to the Pirates.
- Nationals SP Ross Ohlendorf was solid in is debut allowed just one run over 6 innings for the win.
- Nationals got two hits each from Ian Desmond and Anthony Rendon.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez knocked in the teams only run of the game.
- Rockies SP Jorge De La Rosa was shaky allowing three runs over 5.1 innings in the loss.
- Royals 1B Eric Hosmer delivered a game-winning single in the 10th.
- Royals 3B Miguel Tejada went 2-for-2 off the bench and scored the winning run.
- Tigers SP Justin Verlander was denied a victory after allowing zero runs for seven.
- Tigers RP Jose Valverde gave up a two-run homer to Lorenzo Cain to take a blown save.
- Athletics 1B Brandon Moss hit a pair of homers.
- Athletics SP Dan Straily yielded two runs and three hits in 6 2/3 innings.
- Yankees SP Phil Hughes fell to 3-5 after allowing three runs in 4 1/3 innings.
- Athletics OF Seth Smith reached base all five times, going 1-for-1 with four walks.
- Yankees DH Travis Hafner had his fourth straight hitless game, going 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Astros OF Chris Carter delivered a go-ahead, two-run double in the top of the ninth.
- Astros SP Jordan Lyles struck out a career-high 10 in seven scoreless innings.
- Mariners SP Jeremy Bonderman had a shutout for eight innings in a no-decision.
- Mariners RP Tom Wilhelmsen was charged with five runs in one-third of an inning in a blown save.
- Mariners 2B Nick Franklin collected three of the teams five hits and drove in their only run.
- Diamondbacks released RHP Warner Madrigal.
- Giants recalled RHP Sandy Rosario from Triple-A Fresno.
- Giants optioned RHP George Kontos to Triple-A Fresno.
- Padres recalled OF Jaff Decker from Triple-A Tucson.
- Padres placed OF Cameron Maybin on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 10, with a left knee strain.
- Nationals transferred RHP Christian Garcia from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Nationals purchased the contract of RHP Ross Ohlendorf from Triple-A Syracuse.
- Cubs recalled LHP Brooks Raley from Triple-A Iowa
- Cubs placed RHP Zach Putnam on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow soreness.
- Phillies optioned INF Cesar Hernandez to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Rockies recalled RHP Chris Volstad from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Rockies designated OF Eric Young Jr. for assignment.
- Rangers activated RHP Justin Miller from the 60-day disabled list; optioned him to Double-A Frisco.
- Rangers transferred LHP Michael Kirkman from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disables list.
- Red Sox optioned RHP Jose De La Torre to Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Red Sox recalled RHP Alfredo Aceves from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Wednesday that 2B Marco Scutaro has "mallet finger" tendon damage in his left pinkie.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano (lat) is expected to be activated from the disabled list on June 19 to start against the Yankees.
- Brewers SP Hiram Burgos (shoulder) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Low-A Wisconsin.
- Rockies OF Michael Cuddyer (ribs) will return to the Rockies' lineup on Thursday.
- Mets SP Dillon Gee revealed after Wednesday's start that he's dealt with flexor tendonitis all season.
- Brewers OF Ryan Braun said Wednesday that his right thumb feels the same as it did going into the series with the Marlins.
- Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said that SP James McDonald (shoulder) has some work to do before being activated from the disabled list.
- Pirates RP Jared Hughes said Wednesday that his right shoulder is improving each day.
- Rockies SP Tyler Chatwood (triceps) will rejoin the rotation on Saturday against the Phillies.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan (hamstring) will not be activated from the disabled list this weekend.
- Nationals 2B Danny Espinosa (wrist) will begin a rehab assignment at Triple-A Syracuse Thursday.
- Nationals C Wilson Ramos (hamstring) will be sidelined until after the All-Star break after having a setback.
- Pirates SP Jeanmar Gomez (forearm) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Indianapolis on Thursday.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (neck) was able to play catch Wednesday.
- Rays RP Kyle Farnsworth (elbow) is available on Wednesday.
- Tigers OF Andy Dirks (knee) is not expected to return to the starting lineup until Saturday.
- Indians C Lou Marson has been pulled from his rehab assignment with Triple-A Columbus due to continued soreness in his right shoulder.
- Athletics manager Bob Melvin said after Tuesday's game that OF Coco Crisp is dealing with a right heel injury.
- Astros manager Bo Porter said Tuesday that OF Justin Maxwell's struggles during his rehab assignment will not have an impact on his starting job.
- Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (intercostal) is aiming to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Thursday.
- Twins OF Wilkin Ramirez is still experiencing concussion-related symptoms.
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis (elbow, triceps) is hoping to resume throwing from a mound soon.
- SP Matt Harrison (back) isn't expected to rejoin the Rangers until September.
- Athletics RP Jesse Chavez is dealing with a minor pectoral issue.
- Yankees SP Michael Pineda (shoulder) will throw a 75-pitch simulated game on Friday.
- Mariners 1B Justin Smoak (oblique) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Tacoma on Thursday.
Notes and Rumors:
- Cardinals agreed to terms with first-round pick LHP Rob Kaminsky.
- Dodgers agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Chris Anderson.
- Reds manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday that the club considered keeping SP Tony Cingrani as a reliever, but decided that it's not the best move for his development.
- Rockies agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Jonathan Gray.
- FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Dodgers SP Chris Capuano and SP Josh Beckett could face suspension for leaving the bench during Tuesday's brawl with the Diamondbacks.
- Giants RP George Kontos has been suspended three games for throwing at Andrew McCutchen on Tuesday night.
- Blue Jays RP Esmil Rogers will start Thursday against the Rangers.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that three undisclosed teams are interested in trading for Red Sox 3B Pedro Ciriaco.
- White Sox agreed to terms with first-round pick SS Tim Anderson.
- Yankees agreed to terms with first-round pick 3B Eric Jagielo.
- Angels SP Joe Blanton will be skipped in the Angels' rotation this weekend against the Yankees.
- Mariners agreed to terms with first-round pick 3B D.J. Peterson.
- According to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers "are seriously discussing the possibility" of keeping 2B Jurickson Profar on the big league roster as a utility infielder.