Thanks to Jason Martinez and Clint Chisam of MLB Depth Charts, we'll now be bringing you daily news, notes, transactions, injury updates, and notable performances from the previous day's games…throughout the entire season! And if you like what you see here, don't forget to check out MLBDC's Insider subscription, which also includes starting pitcher rankings and matchups, top 25 batter vs. pitcher stat rankings, lineup tracker (includes lineups from past seven games), rotation report, stat tracker, and more!
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
(39-25) Braves – 6 at 7 – Padres (30-34)
- Padres SP Jason Marquis allowed two runs on five hits over 7 2/3 innings in improving to 8-2.
- Padres OF Will Venable went 2-for-3 with a double, a home run, three RBI and two runs scored.
- Braves OF Jason Heyward belted a pair of home runs.
- Braves SP Julio Teheran allowed five runs on six hits over six innings.
(26-37) Brewers – 6 at 1 – Marlins (18-45)
- Brewers SP Yovani Gallardo finally turned in a dominant outing, throwing eight scoreless innings.
- Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy went 4-for-5 with a double and two RBI.
- Back in the starting lineup against a right-hander, Brewers 2B Rickie Weeks went 3-for-5 and homered off Ricky Nolasco.
- Marlins 2B Derek Dietrich was dropped to sixth and went 0-for-3.
(38-26) Reds – 6 at 2 – Cubs (25-36)
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips hit his fifth career grand slam and ended up driving in all six runs.
- Reds SP Homer Bailey allowed just an unearned run over eight innings and struck out eight.
- Cubs SP Scott Feldman gave up five runs in six innings.
- Reds C Ryan Hanigan went 0-for-4, leaving him with a .170 average after 100 at-bats.
(36-28) Diamondbacks – 5 at 4 – Dodgers (27-36)
- Diamondbacks SP Wade Miley allowed three runs on nine hits over six innings in a no-decision victory.
- Dodgers RP Brandon League blew his fourth save of the season by surrendering four runs in less than an inning.
- Dodgers SP Clayton Kershaw allowed one run on six hits in seven innings.
- Batting cleanup, Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig went 3-for-4.
(27-37) Angels – 3 at 4 – Orioles (36-28)
(40-25) Red Sox – 10 at 8 – Rays (34-29) (14 innings)
- Red Sox C Jarrod Saltalamacchia went 4-for-7 with three RBI.
- Red Sox RP Andrew Bailey took his second blown save after giving up two runs in the 10th inning.
- Red Sox SP Franklin Morales, who was scheduled to start, ended up with a win in relief after pitching scoreless 13th and 14th innings.
- Rays SP Alex Cobb gave up six runs before even recording an out, but then got 12 outs without allowing another in a no-decision.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney gave up two runs in his second inning of work.
- Red Sox OF Jacoby Ellsbury reached three times and stole two bases.
- Rays 2B Ben Zobrist went 5-for-7 with a couple of doubles.
- Rays DH Luke Scott went 0-for-7 with an RBI groundout.
(30-33) Indians – 3 at 6 – Rangers (38-25)
- Rangers DH Lance Berkman went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer off Nick Hagadone.
- Filling in for Alexi Ogando, Rangers SP Josh Lindblom pitched six innings of three-run ball.
- Indians SP Scott Kazmir fell to 3-4 after allowing four runs in six-plus innings.
- Rangers OF Jeff Baker hit a two-run homer and walked.
(27-36) Blue Jays – 6 at 10 – White Sox (28-34)
- Blue Jays SP R.A. Dickey was tagged for seven runs on 10 hits over five innings.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista hit two home runs and drove in five.
- White Sox DH Adam Dunn had a big night going 4-for-4 and driving in five runs.
(35-27) Tigers – 2 at 3 – Royals (29-32)
(23-42) Astros – 2 at 3 – Mariners (28-37)
- Dodgers recalled INF Justin Sellers from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Dodgers optioned RHP Matt Magill to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Nationals released LHP Zach Duke.
- Rockies released RHP Jon Garland.
- Marlins activated 2B Donovan Solano from the 15-day disabled list; optioned him to Triple-A New Orleans.
- Marlins activated 1B Joe Mahoney from the 15-day disabled list; optioned him to Triple-A New Orleans.
- Marlins activated OF Giancarlo Stanton from the 15-day disabled list.
- Marlins placed 1B Casey Kotchman on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
- Padres designated C John Baker for assignment.
- Diamondbacks signed RHP David Pauley to a minor league contract.
- Padres placed 2B Jedd Gyorko on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin.
- Diamondbacks recalled LHP Joe Paterson from Triple-A Reno.
- Diamondbacks recalled RHP Charles Brewer from Triple-A Reno.
- Diamondbacks placed LHP Matt Reynolds on the 15-day disabled list with a left elbow strain.
- Diamondbacks optioned LHP Tyler Skaggs to Triple-A Reno.
- Padres activated INF Logan Forsythe from the 60-day disabled list.
- Twins recalled OF Oswaldo Arcia from Triple-A Rochester.
- Twins placed OF Aaron Hicks on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
- Angels activated OF Peter Bourjos from the 15-day disabled list.
- Angels designated INF Chris Nelson for assignment.
- Red Sox activated 3B Will Middlebrooks from the 15-day disabled list.
- Red Sox designated INF Pedro Ciriaco for assignment.
- Blue Jays activated LHP Darren Oliver from the 15-day disabled list.
- Blue Jays signed RHP Chien-Ming Wang to a minor league contract.
- Blue Jays sent LHP Evan Crawford outright to Double-A New Hampshire.
- Indians transferred RHP Brett Myers from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Indians acquired INF John McDonald from the Pirates in exchange for cash considerations or a player to be named later.
- Mets prospect C Travis d'Arnaud has shed the protective walking boot from his once-fractured left foot.
- Cardinals SP Jake Westbrook (elbow) is expected to return to the Cardinals' starting rotation this Friday.
- OF Ryan Braun (thumb) could be held out for all three games of the Brewers' series against the Marlins.
- Phillies C Erik Kratz will undergo surgery on his left knee to repair a medial meniscus tear.
- Padres RP Huston Street (calf) will begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday with High-A Lake Elsinore.
- Braves 3B Ramiro Pena felt some right shoulder soreness when having to dive on two separate occasions.
- Dodgers RP Ronald Belisario is unavailable to pitch on Monday due to general tightness.
- Brewers SP Hiram Burgos' scheduled rehab start Monday has been pushed back due to stiffness in his right shoulder.
- Brewers manager Ron Roenicke is unsure what role RP Chris Narveson (finger) will fill when he's activated from the disabled list.
- The Dodgers are hoping SS Hanley Ramirez (hamstring) can return to the lineup this weekend.
- Marlins 3B Placido Polanco left Monday's game in the sixth inning with lower back stiffness.
- Cubs RP Shawn Camp (toe) will begin a rehab assignment on Tuesday.
- Dodgers C A.J. Ellis (oblique) hopes to be activated from the disabled list on Friday.
- Dodgers OF Matt Kemp (hamstring) could begin a rehab assignment as soon as Friday.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez (hamstring) is not headed to the disabled list and hopes to return to the lineup in a few days.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) is scheduled to throw another bullpen session Wednesday.
- Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (intercostal) felt fine after a workout on Monday.
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis (triceps) played catch for the second straight day Monday.
- Rangers SP Matt Harrison (back) will begin playing catch next week.
- Angels RP Sean Burnett (elbow) has traveled to Alabama to be re-evaluated by Dr. James Andrews.
- Mariners RP Josh Kinney (shoulder, ribs) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Monday with Triple-A Tacoma.
- Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Monday that DH Nolan Reimold (hamstring) could begin a minor league rehab assignment by the end of the week.
- Orioles SP Dylan Bundy (elbow, forearm) resumed throwing Monday in Sarasota, Florida.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (neck) said Monday that he feels "a lot better," but that there's no plan for when he'll resume throwing.
- Yankees OF Curtis Granderson (finger) played catch Monday in Tampa, Florida from a distance of 90 feet.
- Yankees SS Derek Jeter (ankle) took 25 dry swings and fielded 20 grounders on Monday morning in Tampa, Florida.
- Rays RP Kyle Farnsworth left Monday's game after one-third of an inning due to right arm soreness.
- Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow (forearm) is expected to be sidelined for at least another 2-3 weeks.
- Mariners OF Franklin Gutierrez (hamstring) is nearing a rehab assignment.
- Mariners 1B Justin Smoak (oblique) is nearing a rehab assignment.
- Royals SP Danny Duffy (elbow) allowed six runs on seven hits and two walks over just 2 1/3 innings in his first rehab start for Triple-A Omaha on Monday.
- Rangers 1B Mitch Moreland (hamstring) went through some running drills at 60 percent on Monday without any issues.
- Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow (forearm) will throw a bullpen session Tuesday.
- Indians RP Josh Tomlin (elbow) has been throwing two bullpen sessions per week.
Notes and Rumors:
- The Reds will call up left-hander Tony Cingrani to start Tuesday against the Cubs.
- Reds agreed to terms with supplemental first-round pick OF Philip Ervin.
- Mets 2B David Murphy is expected to serve as the Mets' primary first baseman while Ike Davis is in the minors.
- Mets GM Sandy Alderson hinted Monday that Zack Wheeler will debut on June 18 against the Braves.
- RP Josh Collmenter is the most likely candidate to start for the Diamondbacks on June 18.
- Royals agreed to terms with first-round pick SS Hunter Dozier.
- Rangers agreed to terms with first-round pick SS Travis Demeritte.
- Rangers agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Alex Gonzalez.